Lightly active or sedentary??

Options
KELM0710
KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
I have my diary set for "lightly active" but I think I am burning way more calories that MFP thinks I am. I know only way to know for sure is to get a HRM.. I walk back and forth in the deli at work probably over 100 times a day..MFP gives me 1640 cals for being lightly active..should I keep it that way or reduce to sedentary and add 5-6 hours of walking in as exercise each day I work??

Here is what I do while I am at work..It isnt just all the walking. I typically work 5-7 hours a day 4 days a week now.
I am in the deli, so I walk back and forth constantly, I slice foods almost the entire time I am there, if I am not doing that, I am cleaning vigorously constantly, making subs (includes bending, walking and sometimes more slicing), etc.

Should I leave my diary as sedentary and log the work/exercise I get on the days i work OR leave it as lightly active and just go by the calories MFP allows me?

Replies

• katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    I would leave it as lightly active and maybe increase the calories allowed per day by 100. Keep up the good work!
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    The description said sedentary is desk jobs, lightly active is like a salesman who stands on her feet all day, and work at the deli totally fits into the later category, imho.
  • mmaggio80
    mmaggio80 Posts: 15
    Options
    I agree keep it as you have it. If needed add another 100 calories to your allowed a day. I upped mine from 1650-1800 and still drop about 2 lbs a week.
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok. Thanks. I had a feeling it was right as lightly active. There are some days I feel Im not eating enough, mostly on days I work. I could always keep those as higher days and the days I dont really exercise can be lower cal days..Almost like zig zaging. :)