Chicken Spaghetti

Options
2»

Replies

• rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    WHENEVER I HEAR THE WORD SPAGHETTI - I THINK OF THE RED SPAGHETTI SAUCE. I WOULD JUST TAKE A JAR OF RAGU (ANY BRAND) SPAGHETTI SAUCE - ADD CHOPPED ONIONS AND GREEN PEPPERS. HEAT IT UP AND THEN INSTEAD OF PUTTING HAMBURGER IN IT, PUT CHOPPED COOKED CHICKEN IN THE SAUCE. HEAT THAT THEN POUR OVER THE COOKED SPAGHETTI NOODLES. SOUNDS DUMB BUT, THAT IS THE WAY I SEE IT. :ohwell:

JOY:flowerforyou:
    It is not dumb...Thats the way i think of it to!I make mine the same way!!!
  • ranhound
    ranhound Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been using a Green Grocer tip that is pretty good: substitute julienne cut cabbage and use it just like spaghetti. Add your favorite tomato sauce and ingredients (mushrooms, meat, grated low-fat parmesan, etc.) and you've replace processed pasta with a healthy vegetable. Ah, fiber... toot-toot!
    WHENEVER I HEAR THE WORD SPAGHETTI - I THINK OF THE RED SPAGHETTI SAUCE. I WOULD JUST TAKE A JAR OF RAGU (ANY BRAND) SPAGHETTI SAUCE - ADD CHOPPED ONIONS AND GREEN PEPPERS. HEAT IT UP AND THEN INSTEAD OF PUTTING HAMBURGER IN IT, PUT CHOPPED COOKED CHICKEN IN THE SAUCE. HEAT THAT THEN POUR OVER THE COOKED SPAGHETTI NOODLES. SOUNDS DUMB BUT, THAT IS THE WAY I SEE IT. :ohwell:

JOY:flowerforyou:
  • monica5237
    Options
    I know it has been a while since this post was new but I make chicken spaggetti all the time

I use chicken breast skinless boneless
    cream of chicken soup 1 can
    spaggetti noodles
    add water to the soup to make it less thick
    mix it together it is done

Boil your chicken in broth or let it make its own broth
    cook noodles in the broth from the boiled chicken (for flavror)
    mix the soup with water then mix everything in a large pot it is very easy

use reduced fat soup and noodles
    save calories and cut out the broth and just use what the chicken cooked in.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    sauce over french cut or fancy green beans is pretty good too!
  • saleracing
    Options
    chicken spaghetti is a good meal to do in the crock pot, chicken, velveeta, cream soup crock pot it all day- cook noodles- mix together- serve- i have friends that add chili powder to it once they add the noodels- and it's AMAZING

Use wheat noodle, low sodium, low fat with all the other ingredients- it's still amazing
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    All you need is chicken, spaghetti sauce, green bell peppers, onion, and whole wheat noodles. I usually get organic spaghetti sauce and it turns out so much better. cook up the chicken put the bell peppers and the onion in a frying pan cook it up then when the chicken and noodles are ready combine, heat and serve. So delicious!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Velveeta. I just ate the 2% kind for dinner!
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i made some chicken spaghetti the other night but mine is a red sauce

i used the extra lean 99% ground chicken breast, sauteed it with 1 onion, 1 green pepper, lots of garlic and some chili pepper paste (the kind in the produce section in the tubes)
    used 2 cans plain no salt added tomato sauce, 1 can rotel tomatoes, i large can mushrooms (i didnt have any fresh), combined chicken and sauce, cooked all for over 1 hour, topped hodgson mills ww rotini, even my fussy 2 year old loved it.
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Ok, I make this all the time:

Chicken spaghetti

1 rotisserie chicken (picked off the bone), or 2 lbs. chicken breasts boiled & picked apart
    1 can cream mushroom soup
    1 can cream chicken soup
    2 sm. cans sliced mushrooms
    1 brick velveeta cheese (the big one), cubed
    1 lb. spaghetti noodles
    2 c. cheddar cheese

Pick the chicken off the bones or boil chicken breasts & pick apart. In sauce pan combine both soups, velveeta cheese, mushrooms, & a splash of milk (I also add pepper & garlic powder for a little extra flavor). Heat until cheese melts & it creates a sauce. Stir frequently or cheese will stick to the bottom of the pan & burn. While cheese sauce cooks, cook spaghetti noodles, rinse w/cold water & drain.

In a large casserole dish combine noodles, chicken pieces, & cheese sauce so all noodles are coated & it is mixed together evenly. Top with cheddar cheese, cover with foil, & backe at 375 degrees for 45 mins. with the foil on & 15 mins. with the foil off. Enjoy