So glad I found this app!

Options
sec818
sec818 Posts: 6 Member
I'm so glad I found the MFP app on my droid phone! I downloaded and started using it just this week. I find it much easier and more helpful than just writing down a food journal.

I've trained with a couple of personal trainers over the last 3 years, but really fell off the wagon last summer. Didn't do jack squat for about 9 months. Joined a different gym and started with a new trainer April 12th. My starting weight was 170.5#. Even working with a trainer once a week and keeping a food journal, I wasn't being consistent with my exercising. I'll add that I HATE doing cardio - LOVE strength training. Luckily the trainer I work with now has taught me that if you do strength training right (with short bursts of cardio), you don't need to do 30-60 min. of just cardio. So I alternate, but strength training is what I'd much rather do.

But I've turned it up this week! Even without the trainer for this week and next, I'm really motivated! I was entering my foods for today and said to my 21 yr old daughter "I wish I could print out my food log for Kim (the trainer)"...and my daughter said, "it's online"!!! LOL

Anyway, I've been reading through some of the topics - looking forward to learning from you all and sharing our weight loss/training successes!

:smile:

Replies

• vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love this site too! I joined in August, but really started using it in Oct. My starting weight was 178.4 and I am now down to 145 or so. I did not really exercise until December when my hubby got a treadmill for me. This app is fabulous!!