MFP Runners September 24

Options
Good morning runners! no run for me today. Abs and upper body work out. Have a good one.
Tom

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Good morning runners! no run for me today. Abs and upper body work out. Have a good one.
    Tom
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Still sick, went to the gym but ended up just walking 2.5 miles.

Try again tomorrow!!

Mireille
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're still sick. Take some recovery time so you'll be back stronger than ever.
    Tom
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Spin class for me this morning, then walked about a mile at an easy pace.
    Happy Wednesday! :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Good morning:
    Meri: hope you are feeling better soon. The feeling of being under the weather, but not completely laid up, is so frustrating. Good for you for listening to your body and walking.

Runnerdad: Did the intervals this morning. Thanks for your clarification! I'm dripping sweat all over :tongue:

Strength tonight also.

Good running all!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

No run for me today. I was scheduled for an 8 mile tempo run.
    I could use a day off so I'm taking it.:bigsmile:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    8 mile run!!! That's my longest midweek run in a while!! My marathon training buddies needed to get in a longer run, so we started at 4:30AM! :huh: I feel great though.

Back & BicepsX w/ my dh tonight! Have a good one!

Jess
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Can I join in?

I have been a runner for about 17 years doing mainly 5Ks - not fast but consistent. About 11 years ago I did two half marathons.

I am originally from England and moved to Texas 5 years ago. Running in the heat here was a shock to me and my running suffered.

I then went through a nasty divorce and in the past 18 months put on 30+lbs and my running suffered greatly to the point where I didn't run at all.

The divorce is final (and granted on the grounds of cruelty) and I am with a wonderful new man. I have had to force myself to start running again as I had become lazy and also unhappy about my weight and the fact that I had los tmy fitness which is a vicious circle. i had lost a lot of self esteem.

My man Kevin bought me for my birthday, entry to a half marathon next February so now I have my motivation. I am back to running 5K about 4 times a week, but about 10 minutes slower than I used to. I need to start cross training, strenght training and extending the length of my runs.

I work in a library and have taken out several new books we have on running, and have free access to Runner's World each month. So in theory I know everything I need to be doing. I just have to put it into practise!

I thought joining in withyou guys would help motivate me. :smile:

Oh and did I mention I want to get rid of the 30lbs I put on? :smile: It is time to say goodbye to that!

I am doing a 5K race on Saturday.

I ran 5K last night, a run I do regularly round a local lake, and will probably do the same tonight.

See you around.

RunningRatty AKA Jane
  • Slender1
    Options
    Welcome RunningRatty! If you like to run, want to run, hate to run but do it anyway - you're welcome here! :)

I skipped sprinting class today. My legs are SO sore from doing a gazillion squats and lunges on Monday night at Boot Camp and then running 4 miles last night. I have to run 8 on Friday so I don't want to overdo it before then.

Have you ever felt your quads pulse with every step you take? LOL
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    Good morning runners!

Welcome Jane. I am practically a neighbor. I live in north Austin.

No run for me today, I did 15 min. on the eliptical as a warm up before doing my chest, tricep, and ab workout.

Have a great day!
    JD
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    JD my initials are JD!

I am in Round Rock. Have I seen you on the Runtex forums in the past?

Jane
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Jane.

We did some running in bootcamp. I am glad it was not a lot. It was killing my knees. No running tomorrow with the group either. Still resting.
  • granola_girl
    Options
    No running today, I did a "pump it" weight lifting class this morning, Zumba & pearsonal training tonight. My DH and I are doing a 15 mile race relay style (7.5 each) this weekend so I am trying to cut down on my miles this week. Have a great day everyone! and great runs!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi Jane.

Welcome to our group! We've got a bunch of good peeps here.

Ran 6 today. Another gorgeous day in Pennsyltucky!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My run will be this evening. I am going to do a long one. It is also humpday and 3 days before the big day. aka ten k day!!!! My friend at work said she is going to tell her church and they are gonna ask for some divine help. That I like having Jesus running with me!!!!!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jane. You must feel great running again, you complain about the heat, but try it in the snow LOL!

No run for me today, really sore from y'day workout. Will do some Yoga X later, try to stretch the soreness out.

Carol
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Maybe I missed something, but anyone know where pmkelly got to? I haven't seen her post on this for a while.... :frown: :brokenheart:
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    No run today. I swam instead.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jane! What an awesome and unique gift idea!

Fitjoanie: Best of luck with your upcoming 10K.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am down with the stomach flu :grumble: . Haven't run since Saturday and I am climbing the walls! Living through you all! Have a good run for me!
    Bunny