Metamorphisis by Tracy??

Options
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone has used Metamorphisis by Tracy?? I was thinking of doing the 30 day shred, but with a client list including Gwenyth Paltrow, It's hard to resist. Thoughts??

Replies

• Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels > Tracy Anderson

I'd go the shred route. Shorter workout, more emphasis on building strength. Plus, there's a price difference of $80. :smile:

Maybe I'm biased here because I enjoy lifting heavy weights, but what I've read of Tracy Anderson's recommendations to her celeb-list clientele, she's not really...stable. Do a google search on the critiques of her workout programs and nutritional recommendations. 2 things will stand out - women shouldn't be utilizing heavier weights to build strength, and caloric recommendations are very LOW. Low to the point of being dangerous.

Jillian's recommendations through her published works and appearances on the Biggest Loser are much more sound. The only thing I dislike about Jillian is her pushing of special dietary supplements. Her caloric recommendations and fitness recommendations are much more in line with what's commonly recommended on this site as well as other nutritional resources.

I've done the Shred and it's very effective. It's a good stepping stone to more strenuous DVD programs - P90X, Jari Love's Get Ripped, etc.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Im on day 62 of tracy's metamorphosis series and have had great results!!! I wanted more of a lean dancers type body, less bulky type of muscle (I got REALLY huge arms after doing p90x, and it wasn't just me that noticed....it looked awful on me since Im so short lol), and Tracy definitely delivers. Definitely don't follow the diet portion that comes with her dvds...I agree, its way WAY to low, almost on the verge of promoting eating disorders! I don't even usually do the cardio that came with the metamorphosis series, I just make sure to do some form of cardio most days of the week while doing the 30 minute muscle work three or four times a week:) But I would say even if you don't want to spend the 90 dollars for the metamorphosis series and you just want to try out some of her stuff, get the older mat dvd:)

I have also done Jillian's workouts like the 30 days shred and her yoga dvd and those are also really good workouts, my arms looked great after doing the yoga meltdown dvd!! I think I just needed a change from doing Jillian's workouts for over a year.
  • shakesitup
    Options
    Hey girls, just started Tracy Anderson's Metamorphisis and OMG...it's definitely a workout!! Granted, I've NEVER worked out in my life, so any workout would be hard at this point. I'm 49 yrs old and I've decided that I have one body and I need to take care of it so I can lead a long and healthy life. Before starting the exercise program, I had lost 13 lbs drinking ViSalus Body by Vi meal replacement protein shakes and this motivated me to get busy shaping my body the way it should be. Actually, as hard as the workouts are, after the first four days I can already tell that I feel less stiff, more limber. Imagine that. I'm starting to get excited and look forward to exercising. I need to get me some new shoes though, some that help me bounce during the dance cardio. Any suggestions??
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *Bump*
  • inbalish
    inbalish Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm on day 20ish, and loving it!

The cardio at first was very hard for me, but I got used to the moves and I actually like it now.
    The muscle structure work is also nice, every 10 days you do something new, I like that, at first it's really hard and then after a couple of days you get used to it and then it all changes again.

I didn't even look at the food part, heard that it's way too crazy.

All in all, I look forward to it, am really loving my body, can see some changes in it as well
    I recommend!