Single dad getting fit

Options
pacmanjack
pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
I went kind of backwards, posting a couple of days ago in the "Success Stories" section before ever introducing myself here.

I'm Jack, a divorced, devoted father of two boys. In about 2005, I had my weight near where I wanted it, (sub-200) by working out regularly and eating right.

Then I got divorced (not my idea, wife of 16 years shocked me). Threw me into a tailspin, and eventually I weighed 255 lbs in the spring of '10.

I'd gotten that down to the mid-230s, but was still looking and feeling terrible. Then, on May 1 of this year, I made a committment to myself to finally do it. I started going to the gym all the time and am down to 221.5 as of a couple of days ago. I've been using myfitnesspal to track calories as well as log exercise... and it's a great tool.

Before (255) and now (221.5) photos are included in my "Success stories" post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/261495-getting-there-pics

Anyway, I'm looking to network with others committed to getting fit, so feel free to make contact.

-Jack

Replies

• Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! And congrats on the weight you already lost :-)
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Keep up the commitment :)
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great with the progress you've made so far. Definitely a noticeable difference. Best of luck in your journey. This site is fantastic for building a network of support. Feel free to add me.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! :)

Best of luck! You can do this!
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats!
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jack! Keep up the great work!:smile:
  • pacmanjack
    Options
    Thanks so much for being so welcoming. Very appreciated here.

-Jack
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulation on your loss Pacmanjack.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Stress and depression will do that to you for sure.

Congrats on what you've lost so far and good luck on what you want to lose in the future!
  • pacmanjack
    Options
    Thanks again, everybody. Love this site/tool.

-Jack
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi jack and welcome ! Like you I lost some weight before joining mfp but the past 40lbs or so using this site have been by far the easiest, you will find so much support and motivation here :)

Feel free to add me if you would like to offer each other some support

~Katy
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your divorce, 16 years.....what a shame. I am sorry.
    Feel free to add me as a friend, welcome!
  • prettyinpinkagain
    prettyinpinkagain Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I understand stress eating. My husband was ill for many years and after he passed away stress eating was a part of coping. Once I decided I was tired of being physically and mentally sad, that was it! It does get better and make sure to always remember you are worth it! You will definitely feel happier! Good luck!

4398082.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • superwoman2011
    Options
    you lasted longer then I did!! I'm got divorced after a year and a half... long enough to have a child! I got large fast! BUT I've lost 50lbs so far... now I'm working more on the fine tuning.. toning up.. you CAN do it.. and your kids will see your dedication and determination and you will set an amazing example! YOU CAN DO IT!