Bridesmaid dress!

Options
Next weekend I will be going with my best friend, and bride to be to get her wedding dress and also her bridesmaids' dresses! Yes, Happy occasion, but I haven't exactly been staying on track with my weight loss goals. Im supposed to be down like 30lbs by now and Im SOOO not! So here is for my big question: Is there a cleanse I could try for the next few days, or week or so to help me drop a few lbs? Also what will happen if I get fitted for this dress, and stay on track, and come her wedding day Ive lost all this weight and my dress doesn't fit?!?!?! I will be stoked, and also calling an emergency fitting session!!! lol

Replies

• shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    Just go and get fitted. The dress can always be altered. Don't harm your body with cleanses that will just be a quick fix! I was in a wedding last summer and had my dress altered twice, during both fittings. They will have no problem altering it more than once!
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When's the wedding? I'm in 3 and I ordered dresses in my bigger size. I've already dropped at least 1 size and will probably drop another before the weddings role around. i'm not planning on getting the dresses fitted though until about 10 days before the weddings.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Get it fitted as you are. A cleanse may make you drop a few pounds, but it isn't likely to actually take inches off. If you need to get it altered later, do that. And keep it up!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    When is the wedding? If you are going in to chose and order gowns today you can always order your current size and alter it down! For my sisters wedding I lost 60 lbs (a few years ago) and I still had to order a dress 3 sizes larger then my waist and hip measurements because of my bust! Dresses are much easier to alter down then to try and alter larger!
  • tndavis78
    tndavis78 Posts: 6
    Options
    I was in a wedding this past april and from the first fitting to the final fitting I had lost 50 lbs, trust me it is better to take in the dress than to have to buy a bigger size later because you got one too small, as for cleanses, I would stay away from them, sometimes they are a temp fix and the weight comes right back and your dress wont fit as well as it did the first time, just try to stay focused on the goal and the weight will drop, I was totally focused till the wedding and now I have stopped the dramatic weight loss and stay the same, its better than gaining but I would love another wedding to get back on track!...LOL good luck!!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Just go and get fitted. The dress can always be altered. Don't harm your body with cleanses that will just be a quick fix! I was in a wedding last summer and had my dress altered twice, during both fittings. They will have no problem altering it more than once!

THIS
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    they will alter it up until pretty much the wedding day.
    i was a bridesmaid last year and they wayyyy overestimated me.
    they ordered an 8 and in the last week they had to make it to a 0
    i just kept going back and had them bring it in.
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!! Obviously you all have the same views on cleanses!!! I was in a wedding last summer and seeing pics from that one is what made me start using MFP in the first place! Im hoping that after her wedding (on Aug 20th) I don't cringe while looking at photos! Thats my NSV goal :D
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was in a wedding this past april and from the first fitting to the final fitting I had lost 50 lbs, trust me it is better to take in the dress than to have to buy a bigger size later because you got one too small, as for cleanses, I would stay away from them, sometimes they are a temp fix and the weight comes right back and your dress wont fit as well as it did the first time, just try to stay focused on the goal and the weight will drop, I was totally focused till the wedding and now I have stopped the dramatic weight loss and stay the same, its better than gaining but I would love another wedding to get back on track!...LOL good luck!!

Hahaha!!! Yes a wedding definitely gives ya the motivation. Thats what Im hoping for this time too. Although its only a couple months away, I figure I can make quite the difference if I work hard at it!