I got to meet Pete Thomas - From season two -Biggest Loser

Options
What a nice man! He was a guest speaker at a Health Fair I was working at. I was only able to catch about 10 minutes of his presentation but it was a good 10 minutes. He spoke about substitutions in those 10 minutes. For example, using spray butter instead of butter, egg beaters instead of real eggs, extra lean beef instead of hamburger, etc. These are things I already do and I’m sure you all might be doing too. I missed the part about trigger foods which I would have loved to hear more about.
What I do for my trigger foods is I try to satisfy my urge with 100 calorie packs. So if I can’t stand not having a cookie at least I have something low cal to help stop the craving.

I’ve added his website if anyone is interested in who Pete is and where he might be speaking next. I am kind of bummed that I wasn’t able to see his whole presentation. I would have loved to know all the information he speaks about.

http://www.winningman.com/

Replies

• IrishRosebud
    Options
    What a nice man! He was a guest speaker at a Health Fair I was working at. I was only able to catch about 10 minutes of his presentation but it was a good 10 minutes. He spoke about substitutions in those 10 minutes. For example, using spray butter instead of butter, egg beaters instead of real eggs, extra lean beef instead of hamburger, etc. These are things I already do and I’m sure you all might be doing too. I missed the part about trigger foods which I would have loved to hear more about.
    What I do for my trigger foods is I try to satisfy my urge with 100 calorie packs. So if I can’t stand not having a cookie at least I have something low cal to help stop the craving.

I’ve added his website if anyone is interested in who Pete is and where he might be speaking next. I am kind of bummed that I wasn’t able to see his whole presentation. I would have loved to know all the information he speaks about.

http://www.winningman.com/
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! =o)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I never thought about contestants becoming speakers but it makes perfect sense. When I was super duper fat, I never wanted advice from skinny people. They'd never been where I was, or at least that is what I told myself. But seeing someone on Biggest Loser drop weight on tv makes you feel a connection with them, so when they talk about how to do it, you are more likely to listen. Cool stuff, thanks for sharing about the event today!