Very odd NSV

Options
wjassell
wjassell Posts: 104 Member
So yesterday I was walking to my car outside of a best buy and a guy in a work van yells to me "Hey Man" I thought he might need directions or something so I started walking over and when I get a little closer he says "Someday my body is going to look like yours." I smiled and said "Thanks Man". It was very odd but made me feel great about he progress I have made over the last 3 years.

Replies

• widmar
    widmar Posts: 72
    Options
    That's pretty cool. It has been many, many years since someone has said that to me. LOL
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Cool! Congrats!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That is so nice. Bet you felt great all day after that.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV! What a great feeling :smile:
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    That is really cool and must have made you feel great. Still, a little on the strange side, but hell, I'd take that any day!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! I hope someone will say that to me in the future!
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I wish mine did too... BUT I think he was hitting on you... lol
  • wjassell
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I wish mine did too... BUT I think he was hitting on you... lol

Thats what my wife said but it really didn't seem that way as he just left and was probably 15 years older than me.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing compliment!! Maybe he needed to see you to help motivate himself!! Great work and awesome compliment!!
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    Aww that's nice!!! :P It's better than someone saying "I hope someday I'll never be like your body" xDD
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow that must feel great. I wouldn't mind hearing that a time or ten. lol
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    This is funny but really cool!! So many times as people who are not happy with how we look, we secretly (or openly) wish to look like someone else! It must be really great to have someone wants to look like you!

Keep up the good work!
  • wjassell
    Options
    Here is a quick comparison of my P90X day one and 750 days later Weight difference is 227 to 210 of course my journey started a year before this at 265lbs

1oScHh0Obylkl9MkCez0pg8qzV9UOr1324.jpeg

This is what i was wearing when the guy said that to me. But I am about 7 lbs lighter now.

IMG_5727.JPG
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. Can see what he meant!! Lol!!
  • scouter318
    scouter318 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome compliment - you are obviously very inspiring!

I often think that way about so many people on MFP. I see the hard work they put in - sometimes years - toward getting the bodies they want and I think, "CRAP!! YEARS???" But so well worth it!

Keep it up!
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wow that's random,awesome,but random lol
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. Can see what he meant!! Lol!!
    Haha! Yea my thoughts too :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!