20-something trying to shape up before TTC

Options
MsRES
MsRES Posts: 5 Member
Hey all!

I'm so happy I stumbled across the MFP app and website!

About me: I'm a mid-20's teacher in Colorado. My husband and I would like to expand our family starting this fall (or a bit later) and I know if I don't work on getting healthy now, it will be a far more challenging feat after having a little one.

My goal is less about numbers on a scale than increasing fitness. I'm a petite woman, but my body fat has increased a lot over the years and my endurance has gone down, down, down. If I lost even ten pounds I would be elated, but I'd rather lose two inches over my hips and butt, use 30-pound dumbells for bicep curls, and run a 10k (by October? Err....)

I am also a lacto-ovo pescetarian :) I do not eat meat or poultry but eat fish and eggs/dairy products. My husband is a carnivore through-and-through, so I keep some animal products around to save our marriage ;) An unfortunate side effect of cutting out meat is that I eat far too many carbs/sugars. This is something I need to work on.

Whether or not our goals align, I'd love to find someone (or multiple people!) to share daily struggles and triumphs with. Even though I don't have much to "lose", it's a tough road going it alone.

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm in similar shoes to the ones you are wearing. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, about 5 pounds now. I'm more on getting toned and increasing my endurance. I reached my goal weight, but unfortunately due to a hectic work schedule and stress eating I put on 5 pounds. :o( But I lost it all before so I can do it again!

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian and also struggle sometimes with way too many carbs in my diet. Hopefully we can support one another and bounce some recipes to each other!
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi there! i also don't have much to loose but I am more interested in fitness/body shape and general health! I would love to be your friend :)
  • MsRES
    MsRES Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, ladies! Thanks for your responses... I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and hopefully lend (and receive) some support over the coming months!
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You're gonna love this place; so much positive support! Feel free to add me to your friend's list if you like. I'm always looking to surround myself with active players hell-bent on getting it done. :smile:
  • superwoman2011
    Options
    Hey there!! I've lost 50lbs.. but cut my body fat percentage tremendously... now thats where my focus is as well- toning and decreasing body fat percent! You can do it!
  • kissandxmakeup
    Options
    Hey! I'm Renee and I'm 24. I too am TTC soon and it depends almost solely on me losing weight. I have PCOS, so getting my weight under control is what's going to ensure healthy ovulation and pregnancies! Welcome to MFP and feel free to add me! Good luck with everything!