why no weight loss this week?? :-(

Options
so for the past week (excluding saturday, had a bad day saturday) I have been exercising more than usual, eating around 1200 calories a day or more and its been 90%+ clean processed free organic foods yet i have not lost a single pound all week whereas before, when i was eating lots of vegetarian processed foods like quorn, eating 1100- 1200 ish calories a day and working out 3-4 times a week and for 45 mins at a time max (at least 15mins less than this week and i worked out 5days this week) i would loose between 1 - 2lbs a week every week. so, basically the question is, do you think i will loose weight if i carry on with this next week? or should i go back to my previous method?

any adivce would be great, thanks :-)

Replies

• tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I recently did the same thing and it took about 2 weeks for my body to adjust to the extra exercise. Just give it time I bet next week you will show a loss!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Everyone goes through this. Give yourself another week, if you don't lose again then you may want to make some changes. Your body may have gotten use to your current routine.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    it will happen. it will happen. it will happen.

If you could draw a pie chart of what makes up your scale weight, you would see that dieting and exercise slowly changes the composition of your body... what you are made of... you get more muscle, less fat, and varying amounts of water over time. But eventually your body will say "Hey... I'm not getting enough energy from the foods she is eating for my daily needs! I'd better raid the refrigerator -- her fat stores -- to keep this gal's heart pumping, keep her moving and breathing, etc.!"

When you diet your body wants to RETAIN WATER. When you do strength exercise it wants to BUILD MUSCLE. When you aren't eating a lot it has to BURN FAT. No matter how badly you feel about yourself your body is NO EXCEPTION to these rules.

But it takes time. It takes more than a week because it's a complex system. Give yourself a solid 2 months of careful dieting and recording, a regular mixture of cardio and strength exercises and

it will happen. it will happen. it will happen.
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    thanks for the support guys, so i stood on the scales this morning and HURRAH i have lost a smidgen of weight (0.2lb) BUT as my scales measure body fat,water,muscle as well as weight, it has now told me that that loss, is muscle not fat!!! :-( GRRRRR why is this?? am I not eating enough calories to build the muscle, OR have my aerobic exercises been too long (an hour on average) a few years ago when i lost a stone and a half- two stone, i was doing 45min workouts 4 times a week and lost on average 2lb a week, but then i didnt have these scales, so no idea if that was muscle or fat or water or what.

please help, im sure there was a post about this somewhere else, so please forgive me if i am repeating what has already been answered, but I can't find it anywhere today :-(

thanks again :-) x