Gained weight?

Rayanne203
Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Last week I weighed 176. This week I weigh 178 :( I havnt gained any inches just weight! why is this happening???? I been working my butt off working out 6 days a week

Replies

• Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    water weight most likely. Working out hard can force your body to store water in the muscles while they recover. Either that ot increased sodium in the diet.
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    I would say muscle, but many would argue with me. I know I can see a difference in my body and clothes every time I start exercising again and I get on the scale as I am so excited and it says I gained 5 lbs. I just have to keep at it and then it works its way thru it.
  • Rayanne203
    Yeah it's wierd because I acually feel lighter and stronger but I'm heavier sooo weird!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    It shouldn't be anything that you're doing wrong. I can't say for sure, but I know that our bodies fluctuate sometimes, and just don't react exactly how we want them to. Remember that it takes 3,500 extra calories to gain a pound, and chances are really good you didn't consume an EXTRA 7,000 calories last week.

It's probably some form of water retention. Sometimes it just happens, sometimes it's because of a workout, sometimes it's because it's that time of the month.

In my experience, when I show a gain, it will come off and then some in the next few days. just drink a lot of water and keep doing what you're doing.
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    It is weird as my measurement have increased in the fanny and thigh. But I can see a big difference in how good it is starting to look instead of so flabby. lol
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this and all the responses. It is so easy to get discouraged.

Keep on, OP!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
  • AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN
    AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN Posts: 56 Member
    For me I am currently really trying to get my 8 glasses of water in.....I take a water pill every 3 days to manage the water weight and get the bloat out....after drinking all of that and eating a ton of fruit full of water I feel so bloated if i dont take the water pill. I use duirex...its a blue pill over the counter and can be bought at any pharmacy. It's like 7 bucks for 30. Also are u weighing urself in the morning first thing after u urinate or are u weighing urself in the evening after u have ingested everything.....weigh urself in the morning gives u ur truest weight.
  • SunnyRolland1
    SunnyRolland1 Posts: 3 Member
    Every time I eat at Subway, my weight is up the next morning and I can't even get my rings off. Subway must have a lot of sodium in their food and it definitely affects my weight. Maybe you're getting too much sodium and you don't even know it.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    It could be a number of things... if it's close to your TOM it could be that... if you've recently started ANY kind of a new workout routine it could be that... if you've been undereating (not making the 1200 net goal) it could be that (as well as if you were overeating, but somehow I'm not sure that's the case or you wouldn't be confused about the gain)... If you've been taking in more sodium than usual it could cause water retention.... Hard to say why for sure without knowing more, but whatever it is, you'll get past it :)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    My weight will go up depending on where I am with my cycle *sigh*
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Chances are, it's just water. Since you feel better and lighter -- keep doing what you are doing. Drink a little more water if you can -- the weight will come off eventually.
  • Rayanne203
    Every time I eat at Subway, my weight is up the next morning and I can't even get my rings off. Subway must have a lot of sodium in their food and it definitely affects my weight. Maybe you're getting too much sodium and you don't even know it.

Its funny u say that because I had subway on friday :S
  • Rayanne203
    okay maybe I will just try drinking more water I have been really bad with my water intake as well :S
This discussion has been closed.