wii Zumba calories burned??

Options
I just purchased the Zumba game for Wii, and thought it was going to have calories burned information, but it does not. Does anyone have any idea how many calories are burned for say 20 mins of Zumba?

Replies

• busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    i put it in as aerobic dance if that helps
  • gayle80
    gayle80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am getting that this week I hope, will have to have a look around and see...
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I don't have the wii - but doing 45 minutes of my zumba DVD I burn around 450 calories - this obviously depends on how much you weigh, so might be a bit less for you
  • jenmac82005
    Options
    I "liked" the zumba game on facebook and they posted that a new game is coming out in november that will calculate the calories...come on November!
  • Bunnyboo82
    Bunnyboo82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do the Wii Zumba as well. It's lots of fun, but you are right, it doesn't have a calorie counter. If you want true calorie count and are willing to spend a bit of money a heart monitor is best. The Polar FT4 isn't the best one out there, but you can get it on amazon for around $100 bucks. It keeps track of your heart rate and calories burned. The great thing about investing in a heart rate monitor is that you'd be able to use for all your exercises, not just wii Zumba.
  • jenmac82005
    Options
    I do the Wii Zumba as well. It's lots of fun, but you are right, it doesn't have a calorie counter. If you want true calorie count and are willing to spend a bit of money a heart monitor is best. The Polar FT4 isn't the best one out there, but you can get it on amazon for around $100 bucks. It keeps track of your heart rate and calories burned. The great thing about investing in a heart rate monitor is that you'd be able to use for all your exercises, not just wii Zumba.

thanks, I will look into it!
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Calories burned depends on a few things like height, weight and how intense you do the workout. I did 20 min on Zumba for the Wii this morning and my HRM said I burned 373 calories, that # will be diff for someone else. You could put it in as aerobic dance and get an approximate total. There are some websites that can help figure it out for you too just google it, I cant think of one at the moment.
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    don't know if you still interested but i did Zumba with my sisters HRM on, I am 5'6, 156lbs and moderately fit and burned 328kcal in 60 minutes.
  • justin_time
    Options
    the most accurate way is to use a HRM, however for a quick easy to use tool based on metabolic averages using your weight and workout intensity level try http://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt