New needing Support from Fabulous Women

Options
Please read my profile to get an idea of my motivations and reasoning.

I wrote in my profile that I am struggling with the idea of rejecting society's pressures on women to have the idealized body mostly to please other men or at least getting attention from them (can't say that I have no motivation to be thin in order to turn on my significant other more). I believe this is one of the reasons I have not totally pursued losing weight in the past. As a feminist, I want to accept my body and my looks for what they are and recognize it as beautiful and reject anything telling me otherwise.

But as I gain more weight, I am realizing that I need to make changes. I am pushing overweight into obesity. My energy levels are not at the level of a 21 year old. I see my family members sliding down a dangerous slope putting their health in serious risk.

What I am looking for is a network of women supporting each other in a very healthy way. I have looked for feminst weight loss communities and find none. This is a missing link for me.

Contact me with info that could really motivate my pro-feminist thoughts!

Replies

• Delindy
    Delindy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Please read my profile to get an idea of my motivations and reasoning.

I wrote in my profile that I am struggling with the idea of rejecting society's pressures on women to have the idealized body mostly to please other men or at least getting attention from them (can't say that I have no motivation to be thin in order to turn on my significant other more). I believe this is one of the reasons I have not totally pursued losing weight in the past. As a feminist, I want to accept my body and my looks for what they are and recognize it as beautiful and reject anything telling me otherwise.

But as I gain more weight, I am realizing that I need to make changes. I am pushing overweight into obesity. My energy levels are not at the level of a 21 year old. I see my family members sliding down a dangerous slope putting their health in serious risk.

What I am looking for is a network of women supporting each other in a very healthy way. I have looked for feminst weight loss communities and find none. This is a missing link for me.

Contact me with info that could really motivate my pro-feminist thoughts!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I am not a feminist, but I believe we have to work on getting healthier for us and no one else. As you know obesity carries with it many scary consequences so good luck in your endeavours on becoming healthier for you!