The Diamonds Challenge: Round 3 - Now Seeking New Members!

Options
Hi Diamonds!

We are currently seeking anyone interested in "buddying up" for a 4 week weight loss challenge. The goal is to stick to our diet and exercise goals with a partner. The Diamonds Challenge: Round 3 is a REAL commitment, so if you cannot support your partner each and every day, this is NOT the group for you! We expect ACTIVE involvement. Unless you request otherwise, I will select your partner.

If you are familiar with the earlier version of the challenge you should know that there are some changes!

You are partnered with your buddy, but you are also a member of a division--Diamonds in the Rough or DiamondDolls. Further, each division is broken into three color teams. Each week the team that loses the most will get bragging rights and the opportunity to add a digital trophy to their signature. We will also continue to celebrate individual victories.

There are ten members on each team and a total of 60 members in the Diamonds Challenge League.

Expectations:

1. Check in with your buddy every day via MESSAGING (not just on forums)
2. Check your division thread regularly
3. Say as much as possible when writing to your buddy and when writing on the forum
4. Post the Question of the Day on your assigned day**
5. Use your team logo in your signature.
6. Submit your weekly loss or gain.

Unfortunately, each round we have to remove a few participants who fail to adhere to these guidelines... don't let that be you!

Please pay attention to the following important dates:

Sunday, June 12th
First day to register for the challenge

Friday, June 17th
Last day to register for the challenge

Friday, June 17th
You MUST weigh in on Friday BEFORE 7 p.m.

Monday, June 20th:
1st day of the challenge! Let's go Diamonds!

So, how do you sign up? There are three easy steps!

1. Reply to this thread with your name AND reason for joining The Diamonds Challenge.

2. Follow this link and complete the registration form:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dG9XQlYzeUxSUjhqeGxtbzZZRzlELUE6MQ#gid=0

3. Carefully read the The Diamonds Challenge rules and FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XJajeMo3vO2P_uT3G2GPrOE0GDXKSzZ70UMAfCe5x6M/edit?hl=en

My Response:

My name is Jamaica, and I am excited about the start of Round 3 of the Diamonds Challenge! This challenge has grown so much in the past fourteen weeks, and I am eager to continue with my wonderful ladies. I hope that you all will enjoy this challenge as much as we do!

Keep Shining!
Jamaica

Replies

• musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My name is Lauren, and I would love to join this group. I have been in a few other challenge groups, but I think I would really benefit from the requirement to check in with a partner! I tried one of the biggest loser challenges that was set up, but my partner never accepted my friend request or answered my messages!!! I can't wait to be a part of a challenge like this! It's exactly what I've been looking for!!!
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Jessica and i would love to join this group. I have never been apart of these challenge groups before, however i think i would benifit greatly from it because i would have to check in everyday and i feel like doing this i would be motivated to stay on track.
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Welcome Lauren and Jessica!
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamaica! I'm ready for round 3. I decided that stepping back from MFP would be disastrous to me. THank you for heading this up again for us! I would like to be a Diamond.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hey Miss Jamaica, I signed up on the spreadsheet. Do I need to sign up here too?
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi I would really like to take this challenge because it sounds like you guys/gals are serious and I like that, but my only concern is that I'm not that good with navigating through things on this site. I really didn't know what you were talking about in the guidlines about the forum and other things. so if you would accept me and be willing to give me a partner who is patient and willing to teach me I'm in, if not that's ok too. laura
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Hi Jamaica! I'm ready for round 3. I decided that stepping back from MFP would be disastrous to me. THank you for heading this up again for us! I would like to be a Diamond.

Yeah!!! You made my day!
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm new at MFP so this would be my first challenge. I like the 'buddy' aspect and the fun competition. Being committed daily to the challenge will help me meet my goals: log in for 30 consecutive days and not gain any more weight.
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Hi I would really like to take this challenge because it sounds like you guys/gals are serious and I like that, but my only concern is that I'm not that good with navigating through things on this site. I really didn't know what you were talking about in the guidlines about the forum and other things. so if you would accept me and be willing to give me a partner who is patient and willing to teach me I'm in, if not that's ok too. laura

Hey Laura!

No problem, the guidelines sound more confusing than they are and I will find you a great Diamond veteran! This is actually one of the easier challenges to follow because I am pretty good about giving you all the information you need. Check out my profile page for a lot of useful information!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Hey Miss Jamaica, I signed up on the spreadsheet. Do I need to sign up here too?

Nope, but great to hear from you! :-)
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options

Yeah!!! You made my day!

Blue Diamonds, you rock!
  • majpal
    majpal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My name is Malissa and I would like to join this challenge. I tried to join the last round, but was too slow. I hope I make it this time. :) The structure and encouragement sound great!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My name is Kathy i am ready for Round 3 of the Diamonds Challenge
    This challenge helped me to stay on track, exercise basically enjoy with my other team mates and partners and I want to continue with my wonderful ladies.

I am in

Kathy
  • WillWorkout4Food
    WillWorkout4Food Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am interested in remaining in the diamonds group for Round 3. I had an amazing partner and lost a total of 4 pounds. I am more diligent in a a team environment and look forward to reaching my halfway point this time around.

Thanks!
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Sign ups are going amazingly ladies! It looks like we will hit 60 members in record time! Welcome new and returning Diamonds!
  • DiamondDolls
    Options
    :devil:

Hi Ladies,

Just a heads up, we're gonna be the team to beat! I proved last challenge I could back it up, this challenge THERE. WILL. BE. BLOOD!

I kid. I'm Chase, I'll be heading the other team and I welcome you all to the Diamond Challenge. This is going to be a fun round. :bigsmile:
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    :devil:

Hi Ladies,

Just a heads up, we're gonna be the team to beat! I proved last challenge I could back it up, this challenge THERE. WILL. BE. BLOOD!

I kid. I'm Chase, I'll be heading the other team and I welcome you all to the Diamond Challenge. This is going to be a fun round. :bigsmile:

Themz fighting words Chase! DITR, we're going to need our BIG guns! :-)
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    There are only FIVE spots left ladies! Don't miss out!!!
  • MILFCIAIRA30
    Options
    Hello! my name is a Ciaira and i would like to join the chanllange.
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello! my name is raquel! im very supportive and llove having partners on my journey! this'll help me stay and track and i love weighing in and pretty competitive, all is good fun! I would love the share my journey and so ready to lose all my extr weight! cant wait to dig out the diamond in me, im going to be VERY active on this site and more towards my parner!