Very Obese--Looking for Obese workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Ohhh to have access to a pool! My low back, hips and knees love the water. Every time we visit my guys parents they have to drag me out of theirs! Every time I visit I can drop 10 pounds easy just from being in the pool so much. At home I walk around the parking lot (2-3 times) at the store before I go in and shop or do the LS walking with weights video in my living room. Once I lost enough to be sure I wouldn't break the thing, I bought a Wii. Both of us have fun with that.
  • Bigdog825
    Bigdog825 Posts: 1
    Options
    i was 420 lbs 2 1/2 years ago. i slowly started working out, walking, doing push ups off my kitchen cabinets and mostly pool exercises. i live in florida so i have a good amount of the year to swim but i did join the Y for colder months. as i progressed and started seeing results ( about 3 months ) , i started getting stricter. i was taking 7 shots of insulin a day plus 4 pills a day, high blood pressure medicine, cholesterol medicine and a few others so i started watching what i eat and in a years time i became a vegetarian but i do eat fish from time to time so i guess you can call me a pesceterian. after seeing changes in the mirror and i started wearing clothes i could never imagine wearing, i was hooked on health. now 150 lbs lighter ( 270 lbs at 6'4" ) i went from a 56 waist to a 40 and from a 5x to a xl shirt. my suit size was 62 now it's a 50L. also my last blood test in 5/2012 had every number in range, yes i am no longer diabetic. i have a facebook site called CALORIE COUNTING the picture is the human body front and back, i just talk about things and i am willing to help anyone who asks.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Swimming is great. Biking, even a stationary bike, will help strengthen the muscles surrounding your knees, which will help with any impact exercises you do. Elliptical machines are great for those of us that are obese, they are a nice sweaty workout but without the impact on your joints that jogging would have.