new guy

Options
Hey everyone. Just wanted to say hello. My name is Charles and I live in Florida. My wife and I have done several diet plans before and have been pretty successful, but none of them really addressed the true issue and that is really looking at what is going in your body. My wife was successful with South Beach and both of us did Weight Watchers and were successful, but counting points just wasn't as much fun as seeing calories, fat grams, calcium, fiber and protein. The ease of looking things up in the massive database of products as well as the ability to remember foods that are commonly eaten are two incredible features.

I have already had to correct a couple of listings, but I have been amazed at the accuracy. For fun, I'll just plug things in to see what their nutritional value is. Sometimes I forget I did that and I'll be shocked by my calories until I remember to remove it.

I am a very active fitness person. I work out 5 days a week for about 90 minutes a day. Four days a week I do weights and rowing. The other day I only do rowing. I am past half way in a million meter rowing challenge for this year. I row on a Concept2 rower between 10,000 and 17,000 meters every weekday. My average daily distance (even on non-workout days) averages over 6000 Meters.

I like the benefit of the extra calories I get for working out too.