P90x Plyo

Options
What do you use to best guess Calories burned with Plyo if you do not have a heart moniter to keep track? Ex. I use Martial Arts for Kenpo X.

Replies

• rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Without a RHM, I would use Areobics General just to add something. You really wont know the truth without the HRM, odds are your burning more calories than MFP might forecast. Especially if you are pushing thry Plyo...
  • Jlongblade
    Jlongblade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I have been using the exercise calorie burner as a rough estimate, I am using it alot more accurate for my Food Diary.. Thanks for the advice.
  • heidipierce
    Options
    I know they can be expensive, but I'm doing p90x too, and i finally broke down and ordered a timex HRM on amazon. It was only $50, and I LOVE IT!! I wear the thing during all the workouts now, just because I think it's so cool to see exactly how hard I'm working and to have a better idea how many calories I'm really burning. I wear it running and biking, too, and it gives me something to focus on and helps me keep my intensity up where I want it to be. I'm so glad I finally bought it, because it is hands down my favorite piece of fitness equipment.
  • Jlongblade
    Jlongblade Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think my wife wants to get one for each of us now so hopefully I will have on soon :)