What to make with Broccoli?

Options
2»

Replies

• Emilou9
    Emilou9 Posts: 44
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has the lightened reciepes and two of my favorites involve broccoli. Look up Broccoli and cheese mini omelettes and broccoli and orzo. So yummy! This sit is seriously amazing...I promise it is worth looking up. :smile:
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Broccoli soup is one of my favorites.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I seem to have a lot of broccoli stocked up, and am trying to come up with food ideas that aren't just broccoli as a side. Otherwise I can see my family becoming sick of broccoli really fast.

So any suggestions? (besides chicken & broccoli, rice and broccoli, steak and broccoli etc LOL) Trying to mix up the flavor a bit. Like is there such things a broccoli casserole? or maybe like a broccoli spaghetti sauce or something. haha

Catalan, with or without chicken. We make it with strips of boneless, skinless chicken, Lundburg Family Farms mixed rice cooked in a water/low-sodium, fat-free broth mix, red or orange bell peppers cut into strips, broccoli florets, bay leaf (be sure to pull it out), zucchini slices, with onion, garlic, tomatoes (diced/crushed), and cilantro. Some folks like it with eggplant, but I'm not fond of the texture. It's super good, not too high in calories, and you can put a LOT of broccoli in there. It doesn't have to be made with chicken, it can be meatless and excellent. The carbs are a bit high because of the rice and the veggies, but the rice is a good, fibrous mix, not white converted.

Kris
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I think I owe some of my weight loss to broccoli, but I just eat it plain, so
    B U M P
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    Broccoli casserole is yummy!! I wish I had a good recipe for it, but I usually just google recipes when I'm looking for one.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Mushroom, garlic and broccoli risotto (I have a recipe if you want).
    "Green" soup. Fry leek and onion, add stock plus any green veg you like (cabbage, broccoli, spinach, chard, beans, peas etc) until they're cooked and blend it all up.
    Stir-fry.
    Salmon and broccoli pasta (or no-pasta if you're low-carb) bake.
    Roasted broccoli with various seasonings (eg lemon/almonds/pine nuts/cheese).
    Broccoli and cauliflower cheese. Like cauliflower cheese but nicer.
    Quiche.

Enjoy.