Best Bread

Options
maryd4love
maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
What is the best bread that is the healthiest? Like lowest cabs and calories. I do not even mind making it myself if had a good recipe.

Replies

• sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i eat low calorie wheat... 35 cals a slice. it tastes good in my opinion. i just figure, why waste calories on bread?
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Whole grain breads with lots of grains, seeds, and nuts.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I pretty much Arnold's whole wheat flat thins for everything sandwich wise!
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat bread a lot but I do really like Ezekiel 4:9 Low Sodium - it is an organic sprouted bread and actually has zero sodium - it gets it's name from a verse in the Bible. - I get it in a health food store and it is kept in the freezer section. I also use Spelt bread found in the same section.
  • shayro
    shayro Posts: 1
    Options
    The healthiest bread is either dark rye or pumpernickel. Ezekiel (brand) bread is also good.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you are not getting enriched wheat/flour bread. I get Nature's Own whole grain or whole wheat bread. It is 100 calories for 2 slices but it is not enriched like a lot of the lower calorie breads.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for the Ezeikel bread but have not been able to find any here. If you can find it that is what I would suggest.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Sara Lee 45 100% Whole Wheat bread. It's the only low cal, whole wheat bread I can find around here (without going out far out of my way - which I just don't have time to do).
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Daves killer bread is really good.... there is a 65 cal bread 75 cal bread and many more... its Organic and made will lots of whole grains,seeds and nuts.... It is super good just alone or toasted with peanut butter, jam or just butter
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    i eat low calorie wheat... 35 cals a slice. it tastes good in my opinion. i just figure, why waste calories on bread?

What is this 35 cals a slice bread? Is it 100% whole wheat/grain?
  • connamiragna
    Options

What is this 35 cals a slice bread? Is it 100% whole wheat/grain?

It's also known as light bread, you can find it at your grocery store. It usually says it on the bag.
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the suggestions!
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    I try not to eat bread a lot but I do really like Ezekiel 4:9 Low Sodium - it is an organic sprouted bread and actually has zero sodium - it gets it's name from a verse in the Bible. - I get it in a health food store and it is kept in the freezer section. I also use Spelt bread found in the same section.

Ditto. Ezekiel has best bang for the buck and is low in calories and most of those are long burning carbos for bread.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    The Ezekiel Low Sodium Bread is my fave; I think it's like 80 or 75 a slice, and it's REALLY good. You can find it in the freezer section of the grocery store. I found it both at Whole Foods and at Safeway.
  • abodirnea
    Options
    I have currently been eating Rudi's Organic gluten free cinnamon raisin toast in the morning. (not on a gluten free diet just thought it would be better then regular bread). Would the Ezekial cinnamon raison bread be a heathier options?
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I love the sprouted breads-wheat, rye from Trader Joe's. They are similar to the Ezikiel bread but cost a little less.