Lady question

Options
I'm embarrassed to be asking this, because I know I should know but...

How does my TOM effect my weight and during which part of my cycle would my weight be effected?

Replies

• SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I think it varies for everyone -- for me -- I'm starving 24/7 1st 3 days --- then -- no matter how much exercise I get --- my weight goes up approx 2lbs the first day and stays there till my cycle ends.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yep. Your body will fluctuate its weight. Make sure you're eating enough, drinking enough water, and avoiding as much sodium as possible. Some women are capable of losing weight, so don't have the mindset that you will absolutely gain weight. Just do what you can. If you do happen to gain weight, it will come back off.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I think it varies for everyone --

Usually I just don't lose anything that week.
    So -1 lb a week for me has been more like -3 lbs /month.
    (a little frustrating now that peri-meno has hit and sometimes TOM visits more than once a month. Yep nobody tell you about that.)
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I usually gain two days before then stay up til it is completely over and maybe a few days past that.
  • crazywheaten
    Options
    Oh I want to eat everything in sight the week prior and then during I don't want a bit of anything. And I can retain up to 5 lbs. of water the week prior and during as well. Awful curse we're stuck with. lol I agree with a previous reply--drink a TON of water prior to and during to help flush anything your body is trying to hang on to.