Anyone read the book "The Belly Fat Cure"?

Options
I watched an episode of Rachael Ray and saw she was promoting a book by Jorge Cruise called "The Belly Fat Cure". This book talks about cutting back sugars dramatically and reducing carbs. Has anyone read the book and actually followed it? Is is really a healthy way of eating to lose weight?

Replies

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard about the book, but it's possible to lose weight reducing your carbs and sugars. Isn't this what we're basically doing here? It's just making sure we have everything in check. I've known people to lose weight by just cutting out all the sugars. I don't think it's healthy, but I'm not a doctor. Plus, it wasn't a lifestyle.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    The book explains a lot about sugar and what it does to the body. The recipes however, are awful. They are healthier versions of crap food, so yes they would be better than crap food...but they were still bad. The idea is good though.

Pretty much to sum up the book: eat under 25 grams of sugar a day and eat your protein..and that does work :smile:
  • marybsalmon
    marybsalmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sweebum! That helps a lot. I think I'll skip the book and just reduce sugars and carbs while bumping up the protein.
  • terimacaluso
    Options
    I didn't read that book but read a book called "Why you're fat and how to get skinny forever" - which talks about cutting your added sugar (anything that's added in processed foods or added manually to what you cook) to <5g. Your body doesn't register <5g with spiking insulin, so it's healthier. I've been doing that for a couple of weeks now and it's not too painful. She also discusses eating more natural (back to nature - single ingredient foods) - not processed foods - and that's not that difficult either. anything that's heat and serve has lots of added sugars (cleverly hidden with complicated wording).

Worth a read for sure. She also gives you TWO cheat meals a week. that makes all the difference in the world.
    I'm still waiting for the weight to "fall" off me, but i'll happen. and i feel great.

5080714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ruenectar
    ruenectar Posts: 25
    Options
    I read the book a while ago and it uses a point based system different that weight watchers. When I get home, I'll try to get you the basics. But the big is cutting simple sugars to the bare minimum. remember, your body needs carbs, but it needs to be SMART complex carbs.
  • charip
    charip Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just borrowed The Belly Fat Cure from the library- glad i didn't buy it! Almost all of the info in the book is available on his web site, or by watching his videos on youtube- the rest of the info you need is found just by reading food labels, and looking up carb/sugar counts on line. Although I wouldn't buy the book, I have lost weight, and find the program easy, and I'm not the least bit hungry- (I've only been doing it for about a week, and am down six pounds, so I'm happy!)