HI

Options
Hi, I'm Crystal.
Weight loss has been a long hard road. In, 2007 I lost 60 lbs (without trying, the nonhealthy way) and was down to 180. I gained 15 after I got married. Within 2 months of being married we got pregnant. Throughout the pregnancy I gained 50 lbs. Unfortunately I was not able to lose the weight after baby. Now that we are trying to get pregnant again I would like to lose atleast 30 lbs more. My problem is that my husband, although very supportive, wont exercise with me. So, I end up not exercising most of the time. It's difficult to not procrastinate when I have no emotional motivation.

Replies

• mhagoaliemom
    mhagoaliemom Posts: 110
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's great that your husband is supportive. Mine is also, but he doesn't always want to workout with me. It bothered me at first but now I've found that I really enjoy the "ME" time. Put some great music on your ipod, have your husband watch the baby, and enjoy taking time for YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    My wife likes the way I look now but she will not work out with me either. Basically I just ignore the fact that she won't do it and do my work outs anyway. But then again I am used to her not doing stuff with me though. Good luck to you and just keep doing what you have to do to make YOU happy!
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Hi hun! I wish u the best on ur journey, feel free to add me
  • goldenfemale
    goldenfemale Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My husbands been watching me workout for the past two days on the treadmill. He won't join in. We both need to lose weight but I guess he thinks I'm going through a phase. I want to have a baby also but I want to be in good shape before I get pregnant so this ain't no phase. This site will give you motivation . Think about you and what you want to achieve, when you feel deflated just log on and read a few posts ( success sttories is my favourite) and share your thoughts. The guys here are really supportive and will help give you that push you need. Good luck and well done for starting. You can do it!

8495716.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    My problem is that my husband, although very supportive, wont exercise with me. So, I end up not exercising most of the time. It's difficult to not procrastinate when I have no emotional motivation.

You know I fought with this for the longest time. You have eventually buckle down and do it whether he joins you or not. Thats the important part. Once I did that I ended up finding other people to work out with. And those other people are actually probably better suited work out partners because they're in the same boat. My husband is a bit more fit ... and well male, and they tend to be a bit different. My two work out partners, who are now my friends, are both trying to lose similar poundage and female, so they have the same body issues.
    anyway good luck on your goal.
  • richellecc
    richellecc Posts: 39
    Options
    I have a similar problem! During the day at work we both say we're going to work out together in the evening; by the time we're done work we don't 'feel like it' anymore, and both lack the motivation to push each other!