Where can you buy Coconut oil (UK)

Options
2»

Replies

• Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I get mine from Sainsbury's if I run out, it's in the aisle with all the cooking oils, on the top shelf. It is more expensive from there, so I usually buy mine from Ebay, I pay £9.90 for a large tub. I eat quite a bit so it lasts me around two weeks, but I do eat a lot. I missed my delivery this morning and have run out and oh boy can I feel it. :-)
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I can get it at my local Tesco's though I think it does depend on where you live as to what they stock. If you don't live in an ethnically diverse area you might struggle. Maybe when you go to your nearest major city take a look in a local supermarket.

We have hardly any other ethnic groups where I live, but we still have it in Sainsbury's. We don't have any Indian shops anything like that :-(
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I get mine at Tesco. I think maybe Costco have it as well. Its not usually in a spot that jumps out at you though!!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Amazon.co.uk :flowerforyou:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Here in the US you can buy it in the supplements aisle at Walgreens Pharmacy. Now that Walgreens has purchased Boots, you could try there.

Also, if you are looking to mail order it, try any soapmaking supply websites. Coconut and olive oil are the two most common oils used in soapmaking and they use the same food grade that is sold for eating. Usually it is cheaper too because it is bulk packaging rather than fancy brand name packaging. Make sure you stay away from hydrogenated which is more like a solid butter and fractionated which is a clear liquid and has many of the beneficial fatty acids removed. Pure coconut oil should be a creamy whitish color about the texture of peanut butter (but not sticky) if kept under 76° F and a yellowish liquid when it gets over 76°
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My local Tesco has it just in the oil section with all the other oils. It is in a jar and comes as a white solid at room temperature. The one my local Tesco has is "the groovy food company organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil" 283ml for £6.

In the international section there is also much cheeper KTC coconut oil, but my local tesco sells it in a bottle which is not so convienient as have to heat it every time want to get some to come out of bottle or decant it in to a jar. It also does not taste as nice.

My local health food stores sell it but more expensive, international food stores usually have it and yes amazon has a selection.