HOLY SHNIKIES.....

Options
OK. So I got a ceasr salad today at quiznos... thinking the dressing on the side and well we can omit the bread... but if you eat it as it comes... IT has are you ready...... 1000 CALORIES.... COME ON NOW. NO wonder people are skeptic about eating out.... healthy foods gone bad.... Just thought I would let you know.... I did well and still have 520 cals left for dinner and thats before my walk after school.....

Replies

• spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    OK. So I got a ceasr salad today at quiznos... thinking the dressing on the side and well we can omit the bread... but if you eat it as it comes... IT has are you ready...... 1000 CALORIES.... COME ON NOW. NO wonder people are skeptic about eating out.... healthy foods gone bad.... Just thought I would let you know.... I did well and still have 520 cals left for dinner and thats before my walk after school.....
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how many calories and fat are in the dressing and the bread, isn't it?

:flowerforyou:
    Yay for you!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Yep, salads and not very good for you. lettuse and veggies are good for you, but salads no.

You would be better off getting a plain salad and then using fat free dressing. Or just get a chicken or turkey breast sub and add veggies.
  • Fab140
    Options
    Yep, salads and not very good for you. lettuse and veggies are good for you, but salads no.

You would be better off getting a plain salad and then using fat free dressing. Or just get a chicken or turkey breast sub and add veggies.

I read "salads are not veery good for you" and I went :noway: . lol........then I finished the post. You are right Miss Anna!!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I can only eat 30 grams of carbs in one meal... so its hard to do that... so i try to stick to simple lettuce, tomatos, parmasan cheese and chicken.... no dressing or bread..lol... Thats where the salad came in to play.. i used to eat it with everything... now i know NEVER again...
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did not believe that a salad could be 1000 calories so I went to their website to check. Sure enough - it's 1000 calories. 330 or so is from the bread and 440 is from the dressing! What on earth do they put in it??

btw - they do have a link on the upper right hand side called WATCHING CALORIES that lists some lower calorie alternatives.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    SALADS are not bad for you.

Cheese, croutons, salad dressing, bread and crackers on the side are the calorie culprits!

EDIT: But what good is a salad without all those things? :wink:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ugh. That's why whenever I am going out I look at the nutrition info first and pick out 1-3 ideas that I'll get. Otherwise "healthy" can really be scary.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I never order things as they come on the menu....my husband is used to this by now. It probably irritates the server, but I have to know what is or isn't in my food.
  • Fab140
    Options

Cheese, croutons, salad dressing, bread and crackers on the side are the calorie culprits!

:laugh: :laugh:
    Agreed!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I used to make ceasar dressing at the restaraunt. Veg Oil, raw eggs, loads of parm cheese and anchovies.....beat the hell out of it and you have ceasar dressing. NOTHING but FAT!

I used to cringe when someone would say they were going to choose healthy and have a ceasar salad....We made the BEST dressing in town, too!

whats it like 40 grams of fat?
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

With out that stuff it's not a salad. It's just vegies.

I went to a salad luncheon on Saturday. I don't even want to think about how many calories I had.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I used to make ceasar dressing at the restaraunt. Veg Oil, raw eggs, loads of parm cheese and anchovies.....beat the hell out of it and you have ceasar dressing. NOTHING but FAT!

I used to cringe when someone would say they were going to choose healthy and have a ceasar salad....We made the BEST dressing in town, too!

whats it like 40 grams of fat?

Yep, I haven't had a Ceasar Salad since I found out that Ceasar dressing has over twice the fat as ranch