DO PEOPLE RECOGNIZE YOU?

Options
WHEN PEOPLE LOSE A HUGE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT, THEY LOOK LIKE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS? THAT IS ONE THING THAT KEEPS ME MOTIVATED, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT IS BEHIND ALL THIS JELLY!

Replies

• JESSMC420
    Options
    WHEN PEOPLE LOSE A HUGE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT, THEY LOOK LIKE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS? THAT IS ONE THING THAT KEEPS ME MOTIVATED, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT IS BEHIND ALL THIS JELLY!
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    No they don't.

I was actually at an event a couple of weeks ago and many people that I hadn't seen in about a year came up to me and said they did not recognize me at first. Most people were like, the face looks familiar, but something's different. In fact, one guy told me that I had walked by him 4 times & he had no idea it was me. He eventually asked his wife who that lady in pink was, and when she told him it was me, he was like- No way, that's not Shari.

It's a GREAT feeling. :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I had a visit from my mother after I lost most of my weight. She walked right by me in the airport. My own mother!

So, no, I've had to re-introduce myself a couple of times. :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    No they don't.

I was actually at an event a couple of weeks ago and many people that I hadn't seen in about a year came up to me and said they did not recognize me at first. Most people were like, the face looks familiar, but something's different. In fact, one guy told me that I had walked by him 4 times & he had no idea it was me. He eventually asked his wife who that lady in pink was, and when she told him it was me, he was like- No way, that's not Shari.

It's a GREAT feeling. :drinker:
    Similar thing happened to me earlier this year. My best friend was giving away his well I should say her crown at a drag show and one of the queens walked up to me and said she barely reconized me I looked bleeping fantastic, she had to do a double take!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!