30lbs Challenge - "Bootie Busters Team Weekly Challenge"

Options
Hey to the Bootie Busters!!sangostar,hzminda,walkingirl1985,3monkeymama,divalovely,drwalker09,oxsaraxo,rorosaw,hannahgray and myself of course!

My question to you are are you meeting and/or exceeding your weekly calorie burn? You said you will exercise for Xhours a week for Xamount of days a week, are you doing it? "This week I want us to really commit to the promise we made to ourselves! I'm setting a "BOOTIE KICK” challenge to everyone to meet or double your Calorie Weekly Burn. Post your MFP target Weekly Calorie Burn here today and on Sunday post your accomplished Calorie Burn here. The person or persons who meet or exceed their Calorie burn gets a new 'Bootie Kicking Star' badge.

So walkingirl are you going to walk or run away with it? Drwalker what is your diagnosis? oxsaraxo are you going to keep logging or would you settle for a flogging? rorosaw are you going to row yourself fit? And Hzminda are you going to get that polar burn? Monkeymama, are you going to go bananas with that burn or are you just full of tricks? Sangostar are you the one to shine and be a shooting star or is it lights out? Hannagray have you given up at the starter’s orders or are you going to give yourself a fighting chance and run to that finish line?

Whatever your schedule this week make time for exercise, run, walk, skip, pop a DVD, clean the house, walk the dog, wash the car.....JUST DO IT!!

Lets go bootie busters!!

Replies

• spiceshirl
    spiceshirl Posts: 177
    Options
    Spiceshirl CB3380. hoping to double the burn this week!
  • Stelynru
    Stelynru Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love the motivation Spice.....LOVE IT! So far I have been doing 30 day shred daily with either a walk or elliptical a few nights. My goal is to continue 30ds and make sure I get in another workout every night this week! I exceed my mfp goals already, this week I'm gonna bury them!
  • drwalker09
    drwalker09 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great idea Spiceshirl! My weekly goal burn is 2400, so I will look to exceed that this week :)
  • oxSaraox
    oxSaraox Posts: 27
    Options
    Love this. it made me laugh, I needed that smile. :bigsmile:

I will exceed mine this week. I am going to bury them in the ground. I have that I will do 30 mins each day and have been trying to do 60 mins. This week I will do 60 mins each day :tongue:
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey Spice! Love this Thread :D So motivational!

I am not sure how I will be calculating how many calories I burn, I cannot afford a Polar ATM :[
    but I do promise to start jogging 2 MILES and keep doing BFBM DVD.

For the goals we all posted on DrWalkers blog, did you guys meet them? I was sooo proud of myself that I actually did! I was afraid that while out of town I was not going to be able to keep up with JM BFBM DVD so I brought my Laptop with me and every morning I played the DVD! It felt good to stay committed

I also hope to get to the 150's by the weigh-in :] I haven't been there in a while.

<3
    M.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a thread, spiceshirl! I want to kick it in the gym this week. Here are my daily and total goals for the week:

Monday rest day
    Tuesday incline walking at least 800 calories
    Wednesday running and kettlebell at least 1000 calories
    Thursday incline walking and circuit at least 800 calories
    Friday running and circuit at least 800 calories
    Saturday kettle bell and running at least 1000 calories

Total for week: burn at least 4400 calories
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm probaly going to do mostly walking this week, still recovering from a cold..so still taking it easy. May add some strength, maybe some aerobic videos on netflix..not sure yet. See how the week goes. :smile:
  • spiceshirl
    Options
    Goody am starting my 30 day shred tomorrow so we can chat about the challenges. Good On you that is going to get your heart really pumping. Best of luck!!
  • spiceshirl
    Options
    Walking Girl you can live up to your name and walk away with the badge just meet or exceed it, Just log those exercise every bit helps!!

I will be happy if everyone can get the badge that will be a bootie bashing!! Love the fact that everyone says how they going to get the calorie burn done but still need weekly calorie totals from some people.

Lets go bootie busters!! You Kick @ss!!
  • spiceshirl
    Options
    Hzminda, I make it a duty to exceed my weekly target - I told MFP that I would exercise 5 days a week but I do six days a week instead, I said i would do 1:30hrs but i try for 2hrs a day on somedays i do 3hrs, so just incase one day I can only do an hour so I would still meet my target or exceed it, to give you some starts my weekly minutes based on a 90 minutes daily exercise for 5 days a week is 450 minutes with a weekly calorie burn of 3380. Here is what i have done for the last three weeks!!

Week ending Sunday May 29th:
    Weekly Minutes- 540/450
    Weekly burn-5575/3380

Week ending Sunday June 5th:
    weekly minutes-675/450
    Weekly Burn- 7545/3380

Week ending Sunday June 12th:
    Weekly minutes-649/450
    Weekly burn-7759/3380

And I work 40hrs a weeK!! Girl you just have to plan to achieve or exceed it and find the activity that will get the job done!!

Now lets DO IT!!!!!!!
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Can I jump on board? I have made the 3500 Calorie attempt several weeks in a row.. I want to exceed that this week. Ive been stuck and need a harsh push ...
  • drwalker09
    drwalker09 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

I've copy and pasted the goals everyone posted on the blog last week just as a reference for this thread. I missed my 2 day goal by 40 calories, BUT i lost 5lbs in a week lol

Hope all is well,
    d.w

hzminda wrote 5 days ago:
    Goals for this week:

1. Do JM Banish fat, boost metabolism every day until Monday.

2. Walk/Job 1 mile everyday

M.
    Delete comment
    sangostar wrote 5 days ago:
    Hmmm for me....

1. Go to the gym every day for the rest of the week. (that would make a full 7 days of working out)

2. Drink all the required water for the rest of the week. (on the weekend I slack off bad)
    Delete comment
    rorosaw wrote 5 days ago:
    Drwalker--you rock! Thanks for posting this. Goals are great. For me:

1) Workout each day for at least 45 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of free weight work.

2) Run/walk 4 miles Friday morning.

3) Complete two kettle bell workouts (last night was one :) by Saturday morning.

4) Reduce my sodium intake. Taking in WAY too much!

5) Maximize my water intake each day.

Delete comment
    drwalker09 wrote 4 days ago:
    Great goals! This is really helpful for me in terms of accountability. I went to the gym today, wanted to leave after 30 min, but I knew that I had to report to my fellow bootie busters! lol
    Delete comment
    hzminda wrote 3 days ago:
    Awesome blog! I am about to do JM BFBM DVD in a few minutes. :]
    Delete comment

Add comment
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I met all my goals!