Fighting Cancer !

Options
2»

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I raised $670 at work for the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life.
    Dunkin Donuts was a huge corporate sponsor this year and we asked every customer to donate $1.
    Some of our bigger stores raised close to 3000. The owner of our 8 stores cut a check for over $20,000 this week. :happy:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: to everyone that has losted a loved one to cancer.
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/misslydia

I'm taking part in a 10km run for Cancer Research, if anyone would like to sponsor me then follow the link!

My friend's mum who was also very special to me, died of cancer at the start of the year.
  • RobinL3
    RobinL3 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,
    My 24 year old daughter has a very rare Melanoma that has metastized to the liver. We need donations for research. You can see her in a video, go to youtube: Melanoma/DCMFCanada title "16 year old me" (Meredith is the one in the blue sweater). The address of the Kimmel Cancer Center is

Thomas Jefferson University
    233 Sth 10th St.
    Suite 502
    Philadelphia, Pa.

att. Guy Calcerano
    Dr. Sato
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My grandma at the age of 84 fought and beat breast cancer...she'll be 92 this year!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    I have made a generous donation this morning in the name of my two boys to the Canada Cancer Society in loving memory of my grand dad (who never got to see my youngest born) *tears*
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I will be particpating in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life on June 25th/June 26th. Our team has raised over 7K and I am very proud of that. Our 30 mother of 2 young boys team captian is currently undergoing chemo for the 2nd time .. hoping to extend her 6-8 month diagnosis to 2 years.. my sisters, my grandmother, my uncles and more have been affected. I walk to help them live.

thanks for bringing this to the forefront today.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anyone to Cancer. I do however support the cause. Reading these comments, *hugs* to all of you who have lost a loved one or have someone fighting cancer. I just donated to the Canada Cancer Society. Every bit helps!!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I donated to my dear friend's Relay for Life campaign. She was in it in honor of our friend with breast cancer and in memorium for my Dad, who died April 23 of this year due to metastacised bone cancer.

<~~ Pic - My Dad and me. Long LONG ago, LOL.

God Bless xoxoxo
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I dropped some money in the collection tin at the Hospice when I visited my mum today - she is getting near the end of her fight with melanoma and multiple secondary cancers.
    She worked as a cancer support nurse for many years and was involved in fundraising for and setting up the very hospice she is now in. Life is strange.
    Thanks everyone who is supporting cancer research and treatment, and thanks Lee for getting us all motivated.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I co-chaired a local 5k raising over $1500 last month! (this was a 2nd annual - 1st time was my daughter's senior project)

It's the "Tata Trot!"
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    "Tata Trot". LOL, that's awesome :laugh:
  • Babybran
    Babybran Posts: 4
    Options
    I am actually participating in the Relay For Life this weeken! It's a year rund adventure for me and my family for we do many fundraisors and head up the silent auction at our local event!
  • RobinL3
    Options
    Hi,
    My 24 year old daughter has a very rare Melanoma that has metastized to the liver. We need donations for research. You can see her in a video, go to youtube: Melanoma/DCMFCanada title "16 year old me" (Meredith is the one in the blue sweater). The address of the Kimmel Cancer Center is

233 Sth 10th St.
    Suite 502
    Philadelphia, Pa.

att. Guy Calcerano
    Dr. Sato
  • RobinL3
    Options
    Hi,

233 Sth 10th St.
    Suite 502
    Philadelphia, Pa.

att. Guy Calcerano
    Dr. Sato