Replies

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    How much bread do you eat a day??
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I don't really......years of bagged lunches have burned me out!

Edit: I'm also a native New Mexican. Sopaphillas and tortillas are my WEAKNESS. :flowerforyou:
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    none, just the odd bun.
  • seranmari
    seranmari Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love bread... cinnamon rolls, french bread... all of it. But I've decreased my intake to 1 slice of 12-grain in the morning. Weekends I sneak in a cinnamon roll (homemade with whole wheat) or maybe a sandwich (2 slices of 12 grain). And of course I splurge on rare occasions too.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have a half bagel for breakfast every morning.
    I may have a sandwich or bun as a part of dinner twice a week, I'd say.

Luckily I've never been a huge bread eater, unless it's covered and smothered with cheese.
    Then the bread is simply a vehicle to get that cheese to my mouth!! :laugh:
  • meganlkp
    Options
    I used to have bread for lunch but now I just have salads and fruits. Every now and again, I'll treat myself to a wrap with hame, cheese and salad.

Weight watchers bread is low in calories so if you like bread then I guess thats a good one to choose. :o)
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I :love: a cheese sandwhich-hence not much since this whole calorie counting thing.

(for a while I was obessed with the 3 cheese panini (with tea) at Barnes and Noble. I am talking everyday. still was able to lose weight, so go figure, maybe I should include more cheese sandwhiches...)
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Bread, bread, not much. Maybe a peice every now and then.

For lunch if I'm having a sandwich I try to eat it opened faced and use melba toast.. Occationally I'll eat a peice of dry toast with my eggs. And some times I'll eat a slice of bread and butter with my meal, but all and all I probably only eat about 1 to 2 peices a week.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I kinda burnt myself out on sliced bread back in the day... so I rarely have it on a regular basis.
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    I limit myself to once a day. For sliced bread, I only eat Ezekiel bread. I've started eating 100% whole wheat/whole grain bagels 2-3 times a week since they fill me up when smeared with peanut butter and banana. Going to restaurants, however, is another story. I have demanded that my friends and family never allow me to go near a restaurant that gives you bread (and olive oil!) when sitting down. UGH.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love bread. so i eat 2-3 slices a day. i get the peppridge farms 45 cal 7 grain bread.

cant live without my bread:heart:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    2 slices of whole wheat... I have a sandwich with lunch!
  • greeneyedgirl
    Options
    I usually have one piece in the morning, and one at night
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Probably 2-3...golden flax bread with natural peanut butter...mmmmm:love:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I've never been much of a bread eater myself (too many PB&J sandwiches growing up). But today...today I tried one of those Lean Cuisine pizzas for lunch. It was mushroom and spinach and OMG, was it delicious! I think that's the most dough anything I've had in months. I'm not a pizza eater either (my ex and I lived on pizza for three years), but this stuff was really good. Aaahh, yes. I found yet another food I can eat and be completely happy with. smiling5.gif
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I looooove those pizzas! I tried the deep-dish meat one a few days ago, it was really tasty. I usually have a LC dinner a few nights a week at work because it's one of the few things I can inhale in under 5 minutes. :tongue: You should try their paninis, they're actually crispy!