saying hello :)

Options
hi, my names Hazel, and I live in Elderslie (Renfrewshire, Scotland) with my husband Allan and 17 year old daughter Nik.

I joined My Fitness Pal after seeing a Facebook friend using it, and thought it would be a great way for me to monitor how I am doing with losing weight, but more importantly how I am increasing my exercise routine.

I have fibromyalgia which has resulted in me having severe mobility problems (i walk with 2 sticks) and a very limited ability to exercise. I do some daily stretches and have recently started a dru yoga class, once a week. I am also hoping to start going to a local leisure centre, which has a heated pool - and I can do some of my stretching exercises in the water, to increase resistance.

I have a achristening, followed by 2 weddings in August 11 - and have bought a gorgeous maxi-dress ... so hoping to lose a bit of weight before then, just so it looks even better on me than it does now.

I'm not following a specific diet ... just trying to eat healthier, cutting out all the junk/snacks that I was eating.

My diet is wheat/dairy/yeast free, and I am also supposed to limit the sugars to natural sugars only (such as found in fruit). I previously lost 2 stone, however, by including sugar in my diet again I put 1 stone of it back on (just shows how much sugar in itself in a contributor to weight gain!).

well - thats about it, anything else you want to know - you'll need to ask xxx

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck from the US!
  • katadams618
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am new to the site also but so far think it is awesome! I have a bit of Celt in me as well (maiden name McDaniel) Hope to see you on the boards and good luck on your journey!!!
    Kathy