Chewing Gum

Options
I chew gum throughout the day to keep myself from eating constantly. But I never thought about logging it in my food journal. Should I? Does anybody else? The calories are pretty insignificant but.....???

Replies

• tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I chew gum throughout the day to keep myself from eating constantly. But I never thought about logging it in my food journal. Should I? Does anybody else? The calories are pretty insignificant but.....???
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Depends. Is it long lasting Stride? If so, you never have to chew but one piece because the flavor lasts forever!!!!!:wink:

Seriously though, if you chew 10 pieces a day, maybe you should log it, but even then, we'd be talking about what? 50 calories?

I've logged it before though.
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    I do. It is insignificant, but if you chew a lot of gum it could add up.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I don't log it, but I look at the whole calorie thing as a "ball Park" figure and shoot to be around it, and when we're talking about that little of calories I don't worry about it.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Meh ... I figure I burn more than 5 calories chewing it! :happy:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I can't chew gum. :grumble: I have14 teeth. :grumble: They aren't the gum-chewing kind.:grumble:

But if I did, I agree with Tresa. It's one of those negative calorie items.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Meh ... I figure I burn more than 5 calories chewing it! :happy:

This is how I see it...
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that if you chew gum 1 hour a day every day for a year you lose 1lb. 2lbs for 2 hours. I don't know if that is true but no i wouldn't log those calories.
  • froggirl
    Options
    I chew nicotine gum CONSTANTLY! I'm addicted to it and really want to stop but now I'm afraid I'll gain more weight if I quit burning the calories! LOL!