Weekends are ruining my weight loss plans...

Options
I am 23 and want to have a social life. I live with my partner and we like to do things at the weekend, he is a huge food so we always dine out (not always at the healtiest places)....

I have hit a plateau and I think it is due to my weekend splurges, I dont go overly overboard on my 1200, perhaps 100-200 calories on a Saturday...

Is having no social life and annoying my boyf by not doing anythign the only way to loose my last 5lbs? It is getting really annoying now... I actually dont want to have to stay in each weekend, it is a lifestyle change not an extreme diet and realistically I am not going to be staying in for the rest of my adult life...

I do 30day shred 5 days a week but I am still at a plateau, havn't lost anything this week. Has anyone got any advise? Should I add more carido, perhaps a jog/walk everyday also?

Thanks guys xxx

Replies

• SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Girl, I'm in the same boat. Weekends were ruining all success I had during the week. I finally just had to realize I *had* to stick with it on the weekends. Now, I have 1 meal on the weekends that's a "cheat", and before I'd have basically whatever I wanted. It didn't seem to matter how much extra I worked out. It sucks, but I have seen a jump in my loss since I started staying on track during the weekends. No way around it unfortunately (for me, anyway).
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I think you can have a social life and still be healthy. There are healthy choices at every resturant. Maybe you need to do something to shake your system up and then maybe it will drop those last lbs?
  • phenrichs
    phenrichs Posts: 102
    Options
    You need to have a sit down talk with him. Work out a compromise. You don't always have to go out to eat some place that will blow your daily goal. Otherwise try to get him to meet you half way and if you are going to do one of those splurge activities try to get him to do a little extra exercise with you on that day. It is hard. We always have a splurge on the weekends too. Ours is usually a big breakfast for the kids with eggs, and bacon, pancakes or waffles. Then we active together.
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It sounds bizzarre to eat more to lose, I know, but I've heard you have to up your calories SLIGHTLY once you're nearing maintenance. I know it might be scary depending on how long you've been at this and how much success you've had, but why don't you try increasing your calories (to increase your metabolism) to like 1,500 for the week and if it doesn't work, go back down next week?
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    Congrats on being almost to your goal! I have a long way to go so it's inspiring seeing all the people who are so close. I've read in Self magazine that sometimes a change in your work out routine can kick start your weight loss. Maybe switch up your work out video or do something different like jogging or swimming. My husband and I will often ride our bikes and go get dinner during the summers. It's 11 miles round trip. Good luck!
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    look into zig zagging. You should still be losing it you are eating 1300 calories. That is very few calories. Try eating about 1300-1400 a day everyday....also....are you eating your exercise calories? If not, you might be in starvation mode.
  • mpeace1406
    mpeace1406 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I always screw myself over on the weekends! I need to stop doing that!!
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    100-200 over, one day a week doesn't seem to be significant enough to ruin your week. What's your weekly weightloss goal set to?
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You may want to switch up your workout routine as well. Your body may be too used to it and is bored. Try a new video or add some walking to your routine a few days a week. Also, investigate calorie zig zagging. Its when you eat a different amount of calories each day. One day you'll eat 1400, then 1200, then 1600, then 1300, etc. It may be a good way to work those "Splurge" days into your diet. Do you work out on the days that your splurging? That could help as well.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the exact same position as you. The last 10 pounds have been stubborn and I"m fairly certain its because the weekends kill me. I'm an angel until Thursday night, and then it goes down hill. So, a few things I've been trying are calorie zig-zagging (kinda worked if you stick to it), making sure I get a workout in (preferably a longer run), and being smart about what I do order when I go out. I ate out lunch and dinner on Saturday and I managed to stay the same weight all thru the weekend. I ordered a salad at lunch and grilled fish and veggies at dinner... and I let myself have a large beer! So, it's possible, just even it out by not snacking a ton thru the day so you save your calories for your meal out.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Are you sure your body can lose more weight and still be healthy? How tall are you?