Motivation plz

Options
Hello MFP family

I've been gone for too long. I gained all the weight I lost back due to some issues. I've been sad a lot and I started drinking soda again. I feel horrible. I went 2 months doing great and let one situation get me down. I have a few MFP friends that have been checking on me and I appreciate it. Today I start over and I'm going to stick with it. I just ask that you guys help me. I miss you guys and I just need some help from time to time. Thx in advance.

Replies

• jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    dont be so hard on yourself hun, it happens to the best of us all you can do is try and make better choices and you will be back to being healthy in no time
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Don't be hard on yourself, just get back on the wagon. I fell off too earlier this year and gained back 8 of the 11 lbs I lost.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The important thing is you're back! The past is the past. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'll be happy to help motivate and encourage you.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • dietnfit
    dietnfit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is where the true meaning of faith and perseverance lies. You have done this before...have faith you can do it again.

Faith
    –noun
    1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
    (we believe in you too!)

Perseverance
    –noun
    1. steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Just get back at it - you did it before, and you WILL do it again!

Today is a new day!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Glad your back for another try! I disagree with "NOT" being hard on ourselves. The thing is if we live by this we will stay in the same place because we keep giving ourselves passes. You did the right thing by coming back and you already know you can do this! I'm rooting for you sister!!!!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    When I say "don't be hard on yourself" what I mean is don't wallow in guilt. In my opinion guilt serves NO useful purpose. Don't dwell on those unhealthy things you did to yourself to gain those pounds (or gain them back.)

For me, what's more helpful is to look at myself in the mirror and give myself a mental kick in the butt. I know when I'm sliding; I also know when I'm lying to myself about it. (Not logging calories, for example, or giving myself a pass on working out for whatever reason.)

OP: You can do this. You can get back into it TODAY. Really, you can! Take what you learned from whatever it was that threw you for a loop and tell yourself if something crosses your path like that again, you're going to walk right around it - or over it - or you're going to kick it out of your way, rather than let it get in YOUR way on YOUR path.