Needed: 1-Piece Swimsuit w/ Serious Support & Control

Options
JulieF11
JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
I've been looking all over for a swimsuit that offers realistic control for a bra... for a size 12, and unfortunately between a 'DD" and a "D" cup. I don't want those soft cup inserts... which may mask drooping breasts, but not lift them! I've even tried ones with underwire, but found they only have underwire, no fabric attached to that wire to hold the girls up. I want real support. If I can't find that, I'll be happy with a suit that covers enough and is high enough in the back to wear one of my own bras under it. Oh yes, I'd prefer for my boobs not to be left showing... I don't want to look "sexy" but I want those girls up higher. Unfortunately I have to wear a one piece since my stomach is mostly loose skin, and full of purple stretch marks. I know those bikinis can hold you up like a bra, but they're not gonna work for me. Well, I'm just being honest.

Have any of you found a great suit that offers control, coverage and support for large chests? I've gotten away with larger sizes in the past, but now the larger sizes hang down on my rear, like a baby in a wet diaper, since my caboose is smaller. Help anyone?

Replies

• KeeleySue
    KeeleySue Posts: 158
    Options
    Do you have a store specifically for swimsuits in your area? I know we do here, but I don't know if it's a chain or not. It's called Action Accents. Specifically for swimwear and everything swim related.

If you do, go for a fitting and make you tell them exactly what you are looking for.

If you don't, I don't have any suggestions, sorry. =(
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I wish I had an answer for you. I can't find one either. I bought a tankini. I am a 16 top & 14 bottom so I needed to be able to buy 2 different sizes. I bought one with the top that ties behind my neck. It holds me up but I feel like I am going to fall out of the top & my neck is killing me by the end of the day. We are at the pool all the time so I'm desperate to find one.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into Spanx swimware? http://www.spanx.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3955559&cp=10823820

They hold everything in and up!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Miracle Suit!! They are sold at many department stores including Macy's...
    http://www.miraclesuit.com/

Very supportive all over. They are a bit on the pricey side, but I think well worth it. Bathing suit shopping stinks!!
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You sound about the same size as me...and I haven't found one yet. I was up very early this morning and saw DD and up cup swimwear on QVC....I thought I might check it out...they were cute...and covered up what needed to be covered. They are having some kind of special today on them...good luck.
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, big chest. I read an article that said to buy a bathing suit like you buy a bra. So I went to Macy's where they have the good bras and the good bathing suits. They are not cheap but worth the money. I got a tankini,the brand was Jag. The nice thing is you buy separate bottoms so if your are smaller on bottom than on top they don't have to be the same size. You can also mix and match colors.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Shapefx.com

They are wonderful. Very supportive in all the right places!

http://www.shapefx.com/store/Swimwear?Args=&page_number=1
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're in the UK but here we have Bravissimo - they do all sorts of swimwear with decent support I believe...
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Do a search for Delta Burke swimwear, the designs are very nice and they offer a lot of support.
  • JulieF11
    Options
    Have you looked into Spanx swimware? http://www.spanx.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3955559&cp=10823820

They hold everything in and up!

Thank you but I tried on a few of these... Love the bottom halves. But the tops all push up the boobs and cover them with only a small triangle of fabric, showing way more cleavage than I am comfortable with. I would like to cover the cleavage part as much as possible.
  • JulieF11
    Options
    Do a search for Delta Burke swimwear, the designs are very nice and they offer a lot of support.
    Thanks, but the Delta Burke ones are all plus size. My bottom half and waist are a misses 10 now. So the leg holes and bottom half look droopy on me. Also, my ribcage is now a 34. So the part that goes under the boobs will be too loose as well.
  • sbbangs4
    sbbangs4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like lands end swimwear. If you search the internet, you can find free shipping codes. I never pay for shipping from lands end. Also, you can return your items for free at any sears. Streets of southpoint (and probably other sears) carries lands end swimwear, but your best selection is online. My bathing suit for this season was a skirt bottom with a tankini top. I did not choose the underwire version but the one I chose offers plenty of support for me and I am a similar size. When I order online from them I order all I want to try knowing that it is very easy to return to sears.
  • boobear42
    boobear42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hover between a size 10-12, and my bra size is 36DD. After doing some intense research online, I invested in a Speedo Endurance+ training suit in the "dropback" style, size 38 (dress size equivalent is 12) It doesn't have an underwire or padding, but it keeps "the girls" in place without showing any cleavage. If anything, it has a tendency to flatten my chest and stomach. The two straps are sewn together in an X shape at the back (kind of like the straps on the back of a sports bra), and they're wide enough to provide support (there is a rather large tear drop shaped hole underneath this X).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WL4Z14/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1278548962&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0046A8MYQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0C7CM52RBJZFBNCTK214

You may want to consider a swimsuit that is made of polyester instead of lycra. The suit I recently purchased has a much tighter fit than lycra suits I've owned in the past (it's keeping my belly rolls in place! :smile:) Lycra also tends to be less chlorine resistant. As the chlorine eats into the lycra, it loses elasticity, which is why it looks saggy and offers less support over time. On the down side, good quality polyester suits tend to be a bit more expensive, but if you're going to be swimming fairly frequently, it will be a worthwhile long-term investment. Best of luck!