Hypothyroidism

Options
Anyone out there struggling hypothryoidism? I need advice and tips. Thanks!!

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My hubby has it. He has lost about 30 pounds. My best suggestion is to make sure your synthroid dose is correct. Hubby has had to have his adjusted several times. If you are eating healthy, exercising, and on the right dose then you should be good!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I have been suffeing for about 10 years with hypothyroidism, I have to take medication every day for it, and blood work every 3 months. I have not found anything out there that really makes a noticeable difference.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I have been on levothyroxin for 7 years now. I lost a bunch of weight before I got prego with my son by eating right n exercising regularly. As long as your dose is correct then ur body should work the same as a "normal" persons. It does make losing weight seem a lil harder but I guess it just depends on the person. U can add me n ask me questions anytime. :o)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've had hypothyroid for 15 years now. I agree with above posters that if you take your medications appropriately and exercise, eat well then you should be able to lose. If your values fluctuate a lot then you and your doctor need to figure out why.

Getting your thyroid treated does not mean you will magically lose weight, diet and activity are still important factors :)
  • butterfly1445
    butterfly1445 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am waiting to deal with it. It runs in my family in a straight line down my Mother's side. My great grandmother, grandmother and mother all have some form of thyroidism, my mother had Hyper and my great grandmother had Hypo. I'm not sure about my grandmother because she won't talk about it.

I start getting tested every year for it this year at my doctor's suggestion. (well he said to wait til I was 30 but my Mom started having issues when she was my age so I insisted I start this year)

I'm hoping that I won't get it, but after watching my mother struggle for years with her radiation and synthroid and other issues caused by it, I am mentall preparing myself for it as well.