Has anyone tried HCG drops?

Options

Replies

• rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I di the hcg diet for 3 weeks, and lost 20 lbs. However,I did not have the strength of mind to gradually grow myself back onto a regular food schedule with real food again.So yes, I did gain it all back. However, I have a friend who did it, and she lost 50 lbs doing it and has succesfully kept it off for 4 years. She never even gained it back when she was pregnant. She gained pregnancy weight of course, but lost it all again when she had the baby. Definately don't go spouting off about the ills and evils of it, until you have tried it, or really researched it. And I mean really!
  • joshslove678
    joshslove678 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE RIGHT NOW THAT ARE TAKING HCG (HORMONE FREE) DROPS AND ARE DOING GREAT!! My mom is one of them and she is doing great. You only eat 500 calories a day bc the drops mobilize and use your fat that you don't need as calories. THis is why you dont get hungry. My mom is loosing a lot of weight and maintaining just fine! I was very sceptical of this diet for awhile, but it seems to be great!

WITH ANY diet your going to gain weight back if you go back to your old eating habits...DUHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

These drops were invented in the 50's. NOT A FAD DIET!!!

My mom gets these drops from a website for only $!10 a bottle.

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I di the hcg diet for 3 weeks, and lost 20 lbs. However,I did not have the strength of mind to gradually grow myself back onto a regular food schedule with real food again.So yes, I did gain it all back. However, I have a friend who did it, and she lost 50 lbs doing it and has succesfully kept it off for 4 years. She never even gained it back when she was pregnant. She gained pregnancy weight of course, but lost it all again when she had the baby. Definately don't go spouting off about the ills and evils of it, until you have tried it, or really researched it. And I mean really!
    That's real positive! That's great!
  • klabeau
    Options
    I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE RIGHT NOW THAT ARE TAKING HCG (HORMONE FREE) DROPS AND ARE DOING GREAT!! My mom is one of them and she is doing great. You only eat 500 calories a day bc the drops mobilize and use your fat that you don't need as calories. THis is why you dont get hungry. My mom is loosing a lot of weight and maintaining just fine! I was very sceptical of this diet for awhile, but it seems to be great!

WITH ANY diet your going to gain weight back if you go back to your old eating habits...DUHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

• klabeau
    Options

10.00!! what's the website??

• getyupcowgirl
    Options
    Okay, the HCG drops do work . . . I lost 24 lbs very quickly but I also took a faceplant in the dirt when my body could no longer handle the 500 calories that I was giving it. I was hungry ALL the time and after 24 days on the diet, my body was super weak. On that note, if you want to try it, go ahead just don't do it for a long time.
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Dont even try it!

My family member is doing the injections and pretty much NOT eating!! Yes, they were losing weight, but gained weight back when their supply ran down and were waiting for the new shipment! And as for NOT feeling hungry... I have been told that is not true and even after a month, they are still hungry and very weak. Cannot be that healthy!
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    My cousin recently did this diet w/ the drops. She lost a lot of weight in a short period of time (10 lbs. the first week!). She was in a wedding so she wanted to lose it fast...anyways you have to load up on high fat foods for 1 or 2 days and then start the diet w/ the drops....she basically ate nothing but said she wasn't b/c of the drops...I don't think I could do it....I have a hard time staying w/i 1200 calories! You're right, I'm sure the weight will come back on once she stops this diet.
  • klabeau
    Options
    Dont even try it!

My family member is doing the injections and pretty much NOT eating!! Yes, they were losing weight, but gained weight back when their supply ran down and were waiting for the new shipment! And as for NOT feeling hungry... I have been told that is not true and even after a month, they are still hungry and very weak. Cannot be that healthy!
    There are people that are selling fake HCG. I've been off and on it since April. The only time I was the first few days. And sometimes in the morning. But, other times, I have to make myself eat.
  • MsSoReady
    MsSoReady Posts: 1
    Options
    Ok i Started the drops two weeks ago and i was sooooo hungry but i stiill stuck with it and loved the weight i lost but ...i just recently cheated which i feel horrible!! so should i stop the drops and wait a couple days to start back up? while eating healthy of course, or keep taking them and push forward through my cheating days....really need to know i dont want to mess this up. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
  • klabeau
    Options
    Ok i Started the drops two weeks ago and i was sooooo hungry but i stiill stuck with it and loved the weight i lost but ...i just recently cheated which i feel horrible!! so should i stop the drops and wait a couple days to start back up? while eating healthy of course, or keep taking them and push forward through my cheating days....really need to know i dont want to mess this up. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    you can correct your cheat with a steak day. eat a 4oz steak with either tomato or apple for dinner. you should be back on track the next day. some eat small bits of the steak all day. that's an option also. good luck!
  • mynameisnutz
    mynameisnutz Posts: 123
    Options
    you can correct your cheat with a steak day. eat a 4oz steak with either tomato or apple for dinner. you should be back on track the next day. some eat small bits of the steak all day. that's an option also. good luck!

Health issues aside, this sounds like the most miserable diet ever.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    4 oz. of steak and a tomato

Sounds like a good snack. What's for dinner?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Ok just to let you know...I wasn't thinking of doing it. I just wanted thoughts! lol No worries people! I love MFP and have been succesfully using it! :)

Very good!!

About the drops.. I can't imagine a 500 cal/day diet. That would be torture! Also, I don't understand the need for them if one is only eating 500 cals?

Kinda reminds me of magic lion repellent dust...
  • klabeau
    Options
    PLEASE, IF THE TOPIC DOES NOT APPEAL OR APPLY TO YOU, DON'T COMMENT. Someone should not have to worry about negative comments regarding something that they are doing. We are all adults and make our own choices. I would NEVER dream of commenting negatively on what someone was doing. First, it's not my business and second, do what we feel fits best for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • klabeau
    Options
    reminder, that unkind comments can be report to myfitnesspal admin. and that user can be banded from the site
  • klabeau
    Options
    PLEASE, IF THE TOPIC DOES NOT APPEAL OR APPLY TO YOU, DON'T COMMENT. Someone should not have to worry about negative comments regarding something that they are doing. We are all adults and make our own choices. I would NEVER dream of commenting negatively on what someone was doing. First, it's not my business and second, do what we feel fits best for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsense.

I'm gonna take a few hits off my crack pipe then chug down a fifth of vodka and go drag race near an elementary school using my really fast car with questionable brakes. But please don't criticize me. I'm an adult and I know what's best for me. :tongue:

What we chose to as far as dieting does not affect other's. The example ypu gave clearly would affect other's. I didn't solicte your opinion
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Nonsense.

I'm gonna take a few hits off my crack pipe then chug down a fifth of vodka and go drag race near an elementary school using my really fast car with questionable brakes. But please don't criticize me. I'm an adult and I know what's best for me. :tongue:

What we chose to as far as dieting does not affect other's. The example ypu gave clearly would affect other's. I didn't solicte your opinion

You didn't solicit, but I gave it anyway. This is an internet forum. It's how it works. People post crazy stuff like HCG every day and other people reply and warn about the dangers. Don't like it? Turn off your computer. Or go visit some HCG support forum where everyone agrees. This forum is for HEALHTY living, not self-abuse.
  • klabeau
    Options

Nonsense.

The title of the subject clearly requested opions of those that have used hcg. Didnt ask for people to be ugly with unneeded comments to one another! You are being ugly to me and it's not warranted.

You didn't solicit, but I gave it anyway. This is an internet forum. It's how it works. People post crazy stuff like HCG every day and other people reply and warn about the dangers. Don't like it? Turn off your computer. Or go visit some HCG support forum where everyone agrees. This forum is for HEALHTY living, not self-abuse.