What does "bump" mean?

Options
SMCNEIL40
SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
I love the message boards they are very good tools for me, but as I am reading I see a lot of phrase and acronyms that I do not know what they are. I just figured out that NSV was None Scale Victory. I like the lingo and would like to use them but I have to know what they are.

Please tell me what "Bump" means and share any others that you may use. Have a great day and happy losing!!

Replies

• 2ndHalf
    2ndHalf Posts: 15
    Options
    Bump is when you're interested in a topic but don't have time to really view it at that time. you bump it so that it stays on your profile to view later.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    bump is used for a couple things, first and foremost to Bring Up My Post to keep it on the front page of forum posts, I mean really unless you're looking for a specific thread do you really click through more than a page or 2?

Also on here BUMP is used to "flag" a thread that you want to come back and read later as by commenting on it it's added to your My topics (25 most recent posts) I prefer to just bookmark threads of interest rather than contributing to a thread being 3 posts of info and 3 pages of BUMPs for later reading
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ....and you "bump" it how? I know my replying it puts it in the forefront...
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    you just did, just you used
    ....and you "bump" it how? I know my replying it puts it in the forefront...
    instead of just

bump.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    or

bump.gif
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    bump is used for a couple things, first and foremost to Bring Up My Post to keep it on the front page of forum posts, I mean really unless you're looking for a specific thread do you really click through more than a page or 2?

Also on here BUMP is used to "flag" a thread that you want to come back and read later as by commenting on it it's added to your My topics (25 most recent posts) I prefer to just bookmark threads of interest rather than contributing to a thread being 3 posts of info and 3 pages of BUMPs for later reading

Exactly!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools