Low fat diet Idea......please help!!!!

Options
Hi everyone, just looking for tips on low fat foods. I've been doing very good with staying at or below my allowed calories but when it comes to fat i almost always go over. I've lost 14lbs so far and still have a long way to go and i strongly believe that I could lose more if I could stay away from the more fatty foods!!

Replies

• LadyRugerSnow
    Options
    Take a look at snack foods that are sugar free.

Double chocolate fudge pudding, de leche cheesecake pudding, & fat free or sugar free cool whip tastes just like the original. (you can freeze this stuff too!!) Also try Skinny Cow ice cream - they rock!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My trick is to still eat the foods I love but to make them in a different way. Just for example, I looooooove pasta but the carbs are crazy so I found out about these tofu-shirataki noodles that taste the same and have 5 carbs 10 calories. Other than that I retired my FryDaddy and got a grill and stopped using "real" butter and things like that. It takes a little extra time but by googling my favorite foods and then adding "healthy version" it will usually turn up a pretty good recipe out of the Internet.

Good luck!
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Eggs, yogurt and fruit, or high fiber cereal with skim milk are good choices for breakfast. Protein bars, fruit with a low-fat cheese stick or handful of nuts for a snack. Salad with chicken for lunch or turkey sandwich on wheat bread. Chicken, fish, or low-fat beef with veggies for dinner. Hope that helps!
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    Make sure you take extra time grocery shopping and read all the labels carefully. I've found that that helps me.
    Dairy and meat have a lot of saturated fat in them, so it may be important for you to choose low-fat or non-fat dairy or lean meats.
    Beware of going low- or non-fat with dairy though as that sometimes mean it will have more sugar in it! Tons of sugar will raise your calories just like tons of fat will.
    If you can buy unprocessed foods, they will be less likely to contain lots of fat.
    Include some good fat in your diet such as olive oil, seeds, and nuts. Remember, your body needs some fat to function properly. Sometimes I go over on my fat too, but I'm eating healthy fats so I usually don't worry about it too much.
  • PestoPup
    PestoPup Posts: 6
    Options
    Have you ever checked out the Hungry Girl website? She has tons of low fat or alternative recipes for foods people love. She offers weekly recipes were she takes a full fat/calorie recipe and skinnies it down. She also has some tips and tricks for bulking up those packaged microwave meals and making them taste better.