1st Week. No loss??!!

Options
Hi, I've been dieting for years. In January I joined WW for the 100th time and have lost 6lb since then. i saw this Web site and started last Monday and stuck to my 1200 cal/ day. I was actually up a little after one week. Any ideas??

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    the default goal for MFP is 1,200 calories...
    So there is a good chance your deficit is lower then 1,200 calories...
    If thats the case you will just have to guess how many calories you can eat like i do..
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. It could be water retention. Are you watching your sodium intake? I see that I hold on to my weight for several days because of my sodium intake, then, when I lower my sodium, it all comes off. Just an idea.

In any case, keep doing the right things, you'll see results.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! If you're eating at or under your calorie target and you're exercising every day, then you're on the right path and it will start to come off. For myself, I didn't see much of a change for a few weeks (and I'm just two months into this, myself), most likely because I was drinking more water...and perhaps building muscles that were replacing fat. Just focus on eating and exercising, and at some point you'll notice the weight changing. Are you measuring yourself? You might see changes there before you see weight changes.

You ARE doing it! :)
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I started with 1200 calories a day and for the first week I gained 2 lbs. I'm pretty sure my body was just freeking out about no junk and no soda lol. I didn't feel full on 1200 so I readjusted my calorie intake up to 1590 a day and I've lost 8 lbs in just over a month :) good luck with your journey,stick with it,and remember it took you a lifetime to put the weight on and it's going to take time to come off :)