Favorite Healthy Food

Options
So I have been seeing so much great weight loss progress on MFP.

What is your favorite healthy food that has helped contribute to the successful weight loss?

My favorite food would have to be a toss up between red seedless grapes and mild cheddar cheese cubes or activia light strawberry yogurt.

Replies

• jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    so weird..i was just going to make this post lol.

Mine has got to be egg whites! I eat them almost every day. There is just so much I can do with them.
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Love greek yogurt. My fav is Dannon Vanilla. I add a tbsp of granola and stawberries. It's awesome! :) I love this just for lunch! :)
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    ohhhhhh egg whites is a good one! skinless, fat-trimmed chicken (baked or grilled)
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    plain fage 0% greek yogurt! I love adding things to it myself :)
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Fruit!! My mom always called it "Nature's Candy" and I so agree. Sometimes I'll eat a pear that's so sweet I feel like I'm gonna get a sugar rush... or a cavity! lol It kills any sweet cravings right there. :)
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    raw almonds!!! By far my favorite healthy snack folowed by veggies and hummas.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has saved me many times. i love it.
    and a 2nd is raw almonds.
  • almostfaceman
    Options
    These dry roasted soybeans (wasabi flavored) are currently my favorite snack.
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Diabetic pizza! Saves me from getting the real thing!

Spinach and Sausage Pizza: 3 oz (1 link) smoked turkey sausage, thinly sliced. 2 ready-made whole wheat pizza crusts (5 oz each) 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese 1 clove garlic crushed 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese 2 cups baby spinache leaves, coarsely chopped 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced 1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese 1. Coat nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add turkey slices and cook until browned. Set aside. 2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pizza crusts on baking sheet. 3. Combine ricotta cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Spread in thin layer over pizza crusts within 1/2-inch of edge. Layer sausage evenly over cheese mixture. 4. Sprinkle spinach over sausage. Arrange tomatoes on top and lyaer with mozzarella cheese. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown and edges are crisp. Slice each pizza into 6 slices. Makes 6 servings (2 slices per serving) Calories: 210, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Protein: 12g, Carbohydrate: 28 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Sodium 525 mg Enjoy! This came from my "Diabetic Cooking: Meals in Minutes" book, September/October 2009 edition. I found this at the checkout in my local grocery store. AWESOME recipes in it!
  • Jbugfit2011
    Jbugfit2011 Posts: 105
    Options
    Dave's killer bread and turkey with tomatoe
  • joannajoy83
    Options
    I keep my freezer stocked with all sorts of frozen sliced fruit. I just toss a little of this and that in my portable blender with a scoop of protein powder and water and it makes a yummy satisfying meal or snack! Great for summer heat with a little extra ice or that sweet craving with the chocolate protein. Around 150 cals. Mmmmm...
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Right now fresh strawberries, they are in season, on sale and oh so sweet.
    Perfect on a hot day!
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Lettuce and Spinach-- you can do so much with it. Not only are there an infinite number of salads you could make but you can use the lettuce as a wrap (save on some carbs and calories), add sautéed spinach to a number of different dished, use it as a filler in sandwiches, and side salads are great to pair up with any meal! The possibilities are endless.
  • eggplantlover
    Options
    cocoa covered almonds, low fat string cheese, oranges, laughing cow with crackers, Lara bars ( I split in half and eat them two times a day:))
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Vegetable stir fry. I make it all the time. I've also realized that it tastes great without a lot of saucy stuff in it. Just a few dashes of pepper and soy garlic.. all set :)
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you'd have told me 5 years ago that I'd be giving these answers, I would have told you that you were craaaazy lol (I'd eat satsumas and that's about it. No vegetables apart from potatoes..how did I survive?!)

I love making big cous cous salads - I add lettuce, red onion, sweetcorn, grated carrot, spring onion, beetroot and squeeze fresh lemon/lime juice in. Mmmm..so nice with chicken and/or a baked potato!!

I'm also a fan of mashed turnip, broccoli, cherries and cereal bars. Not at the same time though I might add!

I'm REALLY loving strawberries at the moment too. I ate a punnet the other day - they were big and sweet and juicy and I was amazed that they 'cost' me under 70 calories!! :love:

Oh, and tuna. How could I forget tuna? I usually make up a big batch with pasta, low fat salad cream, vinegar, sweetcorn, red onion and garlic granules. I could eat that every day.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    black beans. they are helping me this week. we were low on food and i didn't want to make a grocery trip, so i drained a can of beans, put in a little cheese and salsa and put into a whole wheat tortilla. great filling lunch!

also, nuts, peanut butter and multi-grain waffles. they save me a lot.

and dark berries!!! YUM!!!!

oh and broccoli. been eating a lot of broccoli lately. :happy:
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    hummus! veggies! anything whole grain!
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    Whole grains. Oatmeal and hot cereals.
    Any fruit or veggie from my organic CSA.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    old fashioned oatmeal w/ strawberries and making dishes w/ black beans. Black beans are soooooo filling!!