Terrified to gain!!

Options
I just switched from teaching music to being a special education teacher. Like all new jobs I know there is an adjustment period, but I'm super TERRIFIED about gaining the weight I've lost. Its pretty stressful right now and they have me doing so many trainings that I'm having to put in some pretty long hours just to get my lesson plans done etc. Not to mention I can't keep up with stuff at home either!

Needless to say my exercise has gone from 4 or 5 solid days to 3. I'm lucky if I get a chance to eat and I'm not getting my snacks in which has been helpful for losing my weight.

I feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown I have so much going on! Plus, I have a Navy Ball to go to and found the perfect dress. It fits great, but if I gain I'm screwed! Sooooooo....all you super busy folks how do you keep losing weight, eating right and exercising??????

Replies

• lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I just switched from teaching music to being a special education teacher. Like all new jobs I know there is an adjustment period, but I'm super TERRIFIED about gaining the weight I've lost. Its pretty stressful right now and they have me doing so many trainings that I'm having to put in some pretty long hours just to get my lesson plans done etc. Not to mention I can't keep up with stuff at home either!

Needless to say my exercise has gone from 4 or 5 solid days to 3. I'm lucky if I get a chance to eat and I'm not getting my snacks in which has been helpful for losing my weight.

I feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown I have so much going on! Plus, I have a Navy Ball to go to and found the perfect dress. It fits great, but if I gain I'm screwed! Sooooooo....all you super busy folks how do you keep losing weight, eating right and exercising??????
  • Me_Im_2b
    Options
    I'm just getting back into the grove of things again, but I find that I HAVE to plan my meals ahead. And then, no matter what, take a few minutes for you. Your boss, or whoever, will understand. And if they don't you tell them that if they want you to have good attendance at work, they need to let you take care of yourself. Be a little selfish! Judging from your line of work, I would say you are a pretty Selfless person, but sometimes you need to make time for you, so you can keep making time for others. Hope this helps! It has to be a mind set that you force yourself into... Good Luck! I'm rootin' for you! :flowerforyou:
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    Hey I feel you on being too busy but - if you work alittle harder on those three daysit will all balance out . Also You might even find it easier to lose because ou are more distracted to remember to eat all the time.

I keep pretty busy now - we have football paractice three days a week for two of my kids and my husband also plays so he has practice twice a week and then saturday they all have games! we have art club on wed, and thursday is laundry and shopping day - so tuesday and sunday are the only days I have nothing going on but sundays we usually find ourselves out and about anyway!

I find it very easy to stay on track with 100 calorie pop corn and also the sun chips can help - apples bananas and those new steamer veggies is good to for a low cal dinner or lunch .
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Today was a good day at work! Yeah...probably just need to put in longer work outs and force myself to stop no matter how big the to do list gets. Thanks you two and hope you all had a good day!