Calorie Goal Change

I have changed my calorie goal today to 1400 from 1200 to make it more managable and achievable! Has any1 else changed theres from the recommendation? If so, why? Do you feel it was a good decision? What were the results? Etc Etc.
Advice/ experiences appreciated!

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Yes I did.. And I started losing again.. MFP had me a 1210 to start, and I stuck with it for 6 weeks not losing but a couple of lbs. Increased to 1600 and I dropped weight alot quicker, no more than 2 lbs a week in comparison to .5 in 4 weeks. I wasn't giving my body the fuel it was needing with the work outs I was completing. Use your judgement everyone is different. But play with it and see what it will do for you... As long as your not gaiing then it can be a good thing...good Luck
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    I change min from time to time, zigzagging back and forth between 1250 and 1800.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 333 Member
    I change my calorie goals every 3 days or so. It's called zig zagging & I personally think it's a good idea. I've had great results w/ it but not everyone will probably agree w/ me. I think it's up to the person and their body.

Good luck! :)
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    How can you change your calorie amount on MFP?
  • ghalliday
    ghalliday Posts: 46 Member
    In the goals section you can set your own calorie etc goals.
    Thanks all for replying!
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    I just went to goals and changed mine too. Thanks. Good luck to us both!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    i started at 1200 but have increased to about 1350 and i seem to be losing weight better now.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    I change my calorie goals every 3 days or so. It's called zig zagging & I personally think it's a good idea. I've had great results w/ it but not everyone will probably agree w/ me. I think it's up to the person and their body.

Good luck! :)

I see alot of this "zigzagging" stuff....what is it? just alternating daily calorie goals from week to week?? how does it work??
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I just switched mine to 1350. It had me at 1200 and it sounds like that would be too low for me. We shall see....gonna be hard eating that PLUS my workout calories. I hope it doesn't blow up in my face!
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    I did it today! I've been only losing about .5lb a week, so I upped my cals a little. I'm down to my last 5lb, so I know it will be hard regardless.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Are you all eating back your exercise calories also?
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    i eat back most of my exercise calories. i just try to spread it out through out the day.