sugar

Options
I'm over every day on sugar but under on carbs by 25% or so. I 'm starting p90x and they recomend even more sugar like chocolate milk right after a workout. most of my sugar comes from 2 tsp of turbinado sugar with my coffee and about 1.5 cups of milk per day. it seems to me that the sugar allowance is too low on this site. I don't even eat much fruit, more veggies. Any thoughts people?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You can set any of the goals (carbs, protein, fats, sugars, fiber) to your personal preference. Personally, I don't really care where my calories are coming from as long as I'm meeting my overall calorie goal. I will agree, as I think most people will, that MFP has protein, sugar and fiber set too low and sodium set too high.
  • deenie169
    deenie169 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello! I LOVE sugar..I don't get too excited about it when I have a day where I seem to eat a lot of sugar. In fact, I eat chocolate or something like that every day.
    I try to be moderate about all of this. If I get hung up on trying to meet each of the criteria, I'll be miserable.

I would encourage you to be moderate /i/ and realistic /-i/

I should note, however, that I am not pre-diabetic or diabetic, so if you have a trend of blood sugar imbalances or if you have family history of diabetes, please consider consulting with a nutritionist. :wink:
  • nseuell
    nseuell Posts: 110
    Options
    The sugar this site sets is quite low depending where your sugar intake is coming from. I ignore my sugar total if the majority is coming from fruit and other natural sources. However, it's individual preference, as others have said. A higher activity level allows for more sugar - set it to what works for you!