Menu Planning?

Options
jmtp
jmtp Posts: 26 Member
Although this site is wonderful in terms of tracking calories, etc., it clearly does not have much in the way of menu planning (unless I want to enter random things into my food diary before eating it to see how it will impact me). Does anyone have a site they use to complement this one in terms of healthy menu planning so you can plan days ahead of time to meet your caloric intake goals?

Replies

• carrieann58
    Options
    Bump
  • ChChCharlie
    Options
    bump

That would be useful, I seem to spend a lot of time doing that!
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I plan ahead on here. I'm not sure what you mean. Just enter what you want to eat a few days ahead of time and tweak as needed.
  • supermom1114
    supermom1114 Posts: 577
    Options
    I'm with Kitchen Ninja(and I love that s/n btw lol), you just press the forward arrow key and add in foods for future days.

Are you asking for help in planning healthy menus for the week??
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I enter foods I have and feel like eating the morning of and plan my day (or at night before bed for the next day)... nothing is worse than some site that knows nothing about you and what u have and can afford suggesting what you should eat... if i have carrots and want to eat carrots, i add them in for dinner...if im low potassium, i have a baked potatoe with dinner... i dont need some site to tell me to eat carrots when i dont have or want carrots... thats when diets become complicated!
  • Sofitness
    Sofitness Posts: 54
    Options
    I know and sometimes use two; www.sparkpeople.com and www.swole.me.
  • ChChCharlie
    Options
    I'm with Kitchen Ninja(and I love that s/n btw lol), you just press the forward arrow key and add in foods for future days.

I think she means something that suggests food you can have... eg I plan all my meals ahead but sometimes I get bored of entering the different combinations I can have to get closest to my goals esp. protein fat carbs
    So if I had 200 cals left for day and x amount of fat protein or carbs, the tool would tell you what fits that criteria
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That would be nice wouldn't it?
  • supermom1114
    supermom1114 Posts: 577
    Options

I think she means something that suggests food you can have... eg I plan all my meals ahead but sometimes I get bored of entering the different combinations I can have to get closest to my goals esp. protein fat carbs
    So if I had 200 cals left for day and x amount of fat protein or carbs, the tool would tell you what fits that criteria

hhmmm I guess...... I'm still a little confused lol, but more now of why would you need a tool to tell you that? Couldnt you just plus something in and see if it fits? I mean, a tool isn't going to know whether you like a banana vs an apple vs toast to fulfill your carb needs or w/e I dunno... like I said I'm confused. I can help with overall weekly meal planning and planning balanced meals, I even have a system lol but if thats not whats being asked I'm not going to ramble on and on about it