Curves

Options
Wow, Curves fitness center has really changed. You get a computer key now and you put it in each machinge. It collects all your data. At the end of the workout you put the key in the computer and it tells you how many calories you burned. I burned 498 it tells you what areas your not working out enough. and much more!!! I've been a member of curves for a while and haven't been going. but, this new technology is amazing. I started monday went 2 times. I weighed 152 on monday. I weighed 149.4 today. You can't beat that!!!!

Replies

• enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow, Curves fitness center has really changed. You get a computer key now and you put it in each machinge. It collects all your data. At the end of the workout you put the key in the computer and it tells you how many calories you burned. I burned 498 it tells you what areas your not working out enough. and much more!!! I've been a member of curves for a while and haven't been going. but, this new technology is amazing. I started monday went 2 times. I weighed 152 on monday. I weighed 149.4 today. You can't beat that!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I am looking for something outside of the house, structured. after your post i am going to check it out! thanks:flowerforyou:
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Looks good! Luckily, I have one at 15 minutes biking distance to my house. So, I guess, I'll be regular there after I come back from my vacation. Have taken an appointment though. thx! :flowerforyou:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'd love to go to Curves..I actually called them the other day to find out what their rates are. The only bad part is that they don't have a daycare. My husband works long hours and I have no one to watch the kids for me. :(
  • wantingwings
    Options
    what are their rates?
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I belonged to a regular GYM - that closed down - in looking for another Gym, I checked in to a Curves by mel - you migh want to check with your medical insurance mine covers 60% of the fee
  • enigmakey
    Options
    I joined awhile back. I pay 30.00 a month. It is well worth it. Especially now. I love going. It's fun and goes super fast . They track your weight and measurements for you. My next weigh in and measure is on the oct. 13th. I let ya all know how I do.
  • enigmakey
    Options
    I'm so excited for you guys to try it!!!! Let me know when you join.:smile: Just make sure the one you join has the computer key for the machines.
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    Just so you know...don't get all excited over that 400+ calorie burn.
    The computer is set to do an average. The way it is programmed is someone looked up a web site that said if you do squats for an hour you burn this many calories. Well, you do it for 1 minute (30 seconds each time around) so the math was done..and thats what the computer tells you.
    When I work out at Curves, the computer tells me 450 to 500 calories while my heart rate monitor tells me 189 to 239.
    Just be careful eating all of those calories...and then finding out your really not burning them.
  • enigmakey
    Options
    Just so you know...don't get all excited over that 400+ calorie burn.
    The computer is set to do an average. The way it is programmed is someone looked up a web site that said if you do squats for an hour you burn this many calories. Well, you do it for 1 minute (30 seconds each time around) so the math was done..and thats what the computer tells you.
    When I work out at Curves, the computer tells me 450 to 500 calories while my heart rate monitor tells me 189 to 239.
    Just be careful eating all of those calories...and then finding out your really not burning them.
  • enigmakey
    Options
    oops. You so burst my bubble:sad: I understand what your saying. How many times have you worked out? My instructor told my after 3-4 workouts it will adjust to suit me better. I feel it's pretty accurate. I did lose several lbs. after starting.