Pound for pound

Options
Hey! So we’re all working on some fitness goals…exercising more, eating healthier, and mostly just trying to lose weight. Today, I had an idea about a way to keep myself motivated and focus on the positive, so I thought I’d pass it along.

I was walking to work and grumbling to myself about the 1.5 pounds I gained yesterday, running through the list of things I need to do to get it back off. :grumble: (sigh) I know I’m losing weight, but I’m frustrated because I’m not seeing the results. As I’m walking through my neighborhood park, a homeless man on a bench yells out to me, “You’re not doing anything to help me!” Well, now…there’s a wake-up call. The guy’s sort of got a point. How can I be obsessing about my weight when there are much bigger problems in the world?

If I’m going to be spending this much time thinking about my weight and getting fit, I might as well help some people while I’m doing it. I’ve decided that for every pound I lose, I’m going to donate a pound of food to my local food bank. Actually, I’m donating two pounds per one pound lost. I want to remind myself that every little bit counts. I haven’t decided whether I’ll drop off food every two weeks or make it a monthly thing…but I do know that come Saturday, I’ll be dropping off at least 16 pounds of food for what I’ve lost so far, and I feel better about this whole weight loss thing already.

Anyway, I just thought I’d pass the idea along. Wishing you luck as you hit the gym/grocery store/walking trail/play button on the workout DVD, etc. :happy:

Replies