Famous!

Options
2»

Replies

• Funnybunnyboo
    Options
    i ireoned glen campbells trousers, when he was on tour here in england, also met kenny rodgers...less said the better, and for those of youfrom the uk, i went to brian conley's wedding!!
    oh and i used to hang around with a pop guy called nik kershaw...
  • Amburglar
    Amburglar Posts: 32
    Options
    You are HILARIOUS and I just love you to pieces!

Mine is Whitney Houston...and even though "crack is whack", I still love her. :) We were at ESPN Zone in Atlanta. It was when you could still smoke in the bars down there. My mom and I were sitting at the bar when this slim little dark skinned arm reached in front of me for matches and an ash tray. I grabbed it to give to her and about dropped the darn thing when I saw who it was. Very brief words were exchanged, she was asked by a HUGE guy to step into the back room (I'm assuming VIP, and also that it was her bodyguard), and I just sat there stunned...thankfully there was no Bobby in tow with her that night. :)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Melissa Torme (sp?) , Charlie Daniels (very nice guy) , the band Confederate Railroad (they were playing a place near me and on one of their breaks, sat down and bought me and the people I was with a round of drinks, Insane Clown Posse, Cowboy Mouth, Aaron Lewis (Staind), John Mellencamp, Julius Peppers and Stephen Davis (used to detail their Bentleys) , and my cousin had been a coach for the Carolina Panthers for years so I've met a bunch of people from that team, he moved to the Philadephia Eagles so hopefully I'll get to meet some of them, my other cousin is scout for the Baltimore Ravens and I got to meet Michael Oher (The Blind Side).....I think that's about it.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    When I was 9 or 10 I met Jackie Zeman (Bobbie from General Hospital). Her maid gave me a pair of shoes. lol My Dad owns his own constructions biz - or did, back then - and was working on Jackie's garage. She still sends my Dad Xmas cards every year.
    I also saw Busta Rhymes in a deli in Hollywood. I have a pic of his back - tried to get another pic but his bodyguard told us no. :huh:
    Oh on that same Hollywood trip, we saw Gwen Stefani perform for a late night talkshow, she was doing Hollaback Girl on the street.
    And last but not least :laugh: I met Michael Gross (Dad from Family Ties) at a train station.

I know, glamorous I know, don't be jealous. :wink:

I would LOVE to meet Chris Daughtry! That's so cool! My alltime, though, I want to meet the entire cast of Supernatural. I love those people so much. I would love to meet the crew too. My fav show of all time. But, not gonna have a chance I am sure. :grumble:
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I have had the chance to meet quite a few. Recently screen legend Angie Di*kinson (had to do that, MFP will censor it) Paul Giamatti, Adrien Brody, Director/Producer Robert Rodriguez, director Nimrod Patel (movie Predator) Casey Studdard(NFL lineman/Houston Texans). Jason Richardson and Lamar Woodley(both came into a bar I worked in Saginaw, MI, that is where they are from) there are others, but those are the major ones I can remember.

LOVE Adrien Brody...
  • sezp
    sezp Posts: 69
    Options
    My favourite was when I went to Tom Morello's solo gig when I was living in Japan. My friend and I were literally the only two people in the crowd who he could communicate with (it was a tiny club venue in Osaka), so we ended up being the target for his conversations and as he went offstage, he invited us backstage where we hung out with him, shared a few drinks and laughed about language barriers. Great night!