Low Carb Lunch, tuna!

Options
alisont91
alisont91 Posts: 54
So I'm doing this no carb (low carb..more like it) diet every other day to help get me past my plateau.. It worked on Saturday, but then I had Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles on Sunday (any californians out there? woo!) and it pretty much ruined it. So today I was pretty adamant on sticking to it and creating something delicious and low carb for lunch. I'm looking for any new recipes I can. So here's what I came up with:

Trader Joe's Canned Tuna: 3/4 can
Kraft Mayonnaise: 2 tsp (You can use light, i didn't)
Mixed Baby Greens 1 cup
Mushrooms Crimini, 3/4 cup pieces or slices
Trader Joe's Crumbled Feta With Mediterranean Herbs 0.5 oz
Heinz - Sweet Relish 1 Tbsp
Squeeze of Lemon Juice
Salt
Pepper

1. Put Tuna, Relish, and Mayo in a bowl. Mix together to create a basic Tuna salad.
2. Cut up Mushroom pieces add to bowl, along with mixed greens.
3. Mix it all together and top with cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper

Totals- Calories: 255 Carbs:12 Fat:14 Protein:17 Sugar:6

photo5bi.jpg

Of course you can take out the cheese or even drizzle some olive oil on it depending on how much more or less calories you want. Unfortunately I couldn't have a piece of Sourdough toast with this (which would be good) but I was tempted to have a hard boiled egg or some fruit. I know it's a low-cal lunch, so you can definitely add more to it!

Replies

• Beachbride07
    Beachbride07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I use mustard to make my tuna. It was a little different to get used to at first, but now I don't even notice it and it cuts down on the carbs, fat and calories.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    So I'm doing this no carb (low carb..more like it) diet every other day to help get me past my plateau.. It worked on Saturday, but then I had Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles on Sunday (any californians out there? woo!) and it pretty much ruined it. So today I was pretty adamant on sticking to it and creating something delicious and low carb for lunch. I'm looking for any new recipes I can. So here's what I came up with:

Trader Joe's Canned Tuna: 3/4 can
    Kraft Mayonnaise: 2 tsp (You can use light, i didn't)
    Mixed Baby Greens 1 cup
    Mushrooms Crimini, 3/4 cup pieces or slices
    Trader Joe's Crumbled Feta With Mediterranean Herbs 0.5 oz
    Heinz - Sweet Relish 1 Tbsp
    Squeeze of Lemon Juice
    Salt
    Pepper

1. Put Tuna, Relish, and Mayo in a bowl. Mix together to create a basic Tuna salad.
    2. Cut up Mushroom pieces add to bowl, along with mixed greens.
    3. Mix it all together and top with cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper

Totals- Calories: 255 Carbs:12 Fat:14 Protein:17 Sugar:6

photo5bi.jpg

Of course you can take out the cheese or even drizzle some olive oil on it depending on how much more or less calories you want. Unfortunately I couldn't have a piece of Sourdough toast with this (which would be good) but I was tempted to have a hard boiled egg or some fruit. I know it's a low-cal lunch, so you can definitely add more to it!

you can replace mayo with yogurt; idk bout carbs, but its a healthier option. You can use 1 whole tbls, or two, or still less calories than 2 tsp of mayo.
  • P90momma
    P90momma Posts: 1
    Options
    I make that lunch all the time except instead of mayo I use Fage No Fat Greek Yogurt for more protein and less fat. YUMMY!
  • alisont91
    alisont91 Posts: 54
    Options
    I will definitely have to try it with yogurt. Didn't have any on hand today, but it sounds good!
    Also if you don't care about carbs this might be good wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla or on some honey wheat bread with onions!
  • Shhhanaynay
    Shhhanaynay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!

:P