Muscle gain? anybody have any facts?

Options
124»

Replies

• altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    BUMP...SO I CAN READ LATER, GREAT INFO !
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Somewhat, it just depends on the gastric emptying times of those things. I believe those are gel/liquid so they'd probably be digested quickly. I'm not sure if that would be great for your BG though.

Actually, they're the only thing I've found that will keep my BG levels up for more than 30 minutes or so. They are gel-like (and the chocolate GU tastes just like melted chocolate!:love: ) and will keep my BG levels steady at about 120 or so (perfect for riding) if I consume 1 per hour.

I'm just trying to avoid the up/downs in the weight the this glycogen stuff. Plus, I really am beginning to think that somehow, this depletion of glycogen and how it sends your liver, etc. into "overtime mode" has to have some link to why my BG levels are so hard to keep up while riding.

Well your levels will definitely fall after you've been riding for an extended period of time...at about 90 minutes you're generally looking at total depletion. When you bonk, that's depletion, although not everyone bonks. If you're having a hard time keeping them up, I'd definitely recommend the shots for the simple reason of preventing ketosis. You'd also get the benefit of fewer fluctuations and less bonking. :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    BUMPBUMP.gif