To eat or not to eat??

Options
2»

Replies

• MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I make a killer white chocolate pumpkin cheese cake with a ginger snap crust. Enough said.

*drooling at my desk.....

Can I come to your house? :laugh:

Any chance of getting that recipe? My husband would worship me as a goddess (well, even more so than he does now :bigsmile: ) if I made that for him!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I make a killer white chocolate pumpkin cheese cake with a ginger snap crust. Enough said.

Ok, the banana split I messaged you about....cancel that one....I WANT THIS!:glasses:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is supposed to be a day of thanks. Right now I'm thankful for having lost 34 lbs. I have over the last few years focused on family that day and we have had a great times. We eat the traditional meal for a family that is Mexican-American, everything from turkey to tamales. We include a walk if it's not snowing or raining and sometimes we've even gone to the zoo. If you focus on things other than the food you'll have a great holiday.

Sounds like the Thanksgivings we would have when I was growing up. Tamales and Posole right next to the stuffing and the turkey. We'd have corn bread and tortillas and.......goodness!! I'm a drooling fool right now!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Here you go guys knock yourselves out. This is completely fat free/calorie free when eaten on thanksgiving.:huh:

White chocolate pumpkin cheese cake

CRUST:

2 cups gingersnaps (whole)
    6 tablespoons butter
    1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar

FILLING:

Three 8 oz. packages cream cheese (room temperature)
    ¾ cup pumpkin
    ¾ cup melted white chocolate
    1 cup sugar
    3 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
    1 teaspoon cinnnamon

TOPPING:

½ cup almonds
    1 teaspoon sugar
    2 tablespoons butter
    Pre-heat oven to 350° F.

Wrap outside of pan with foil. In processor, grind gingersnaps, add sugar, melted butter and press into 9" springform pan. Bake 5 to 7 minutes. Take out and keep oven at temperature.

Mix cream cheese and sugar in processor until smooth, add the rest of the ingredients and process until completely mixed and smooth.

Pour mixture into prepared crust and bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, until cheesecake starts to crack.

While cooling, process almonds, butter, and sugar in processor; spread the mixture evenly on cookie sheet and put in oven for 6-7 minutes until it starts to toast. Spread evenly on top of cheesecake and cool 4 to 5 hours. Remove ring of pan and serve.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Here you go guys knock yourselves out. This is completely fat free/calorie free when eaten on thanksgiving.:huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options

OH, wow! okay...do share the receipe! Please?
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    What?! Are you kidding me?! It's not Turkey Day that's soooo evul... it's the 2 or 3 days before, getting ready for all of your family to come over, and then the 2 or 3 days after when you have a fridge stuffed with all those yummy leftovers that gets to me! I will try to eat sensibly, but it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without stuffing, gravy, and pumpkin pie. Period! When I was growing up, it really was like the picture below... I miss those days.
    rockwell_want.jpg
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I plan on staying on track. But if there is sweet potato pie or pecan pie, then all my plans will be thrown out the window and I won't feel the least bit guilty. nomnom001.gif
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

OH, wow! okay...do share the receipe! Please?

it's on there on page 1
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I dealt with this one last year just after I had started my "journey" (hmm.....hmm...diet, lifestyle change,......whatever). And it all worked out really well to my surprise. Because I am such a lover of sweets and hor'douvres(spelling?), I let myself eat whatever I wanted and however much I wanted for 2(yes 2) days. I put on the whole meal on for my family of 6, my parents, and a friend. I am one who tends to over do it, because I love:heart::heart: to bake. Ended up having enough for everyone to have a whole pie to themselves if they had wanted, lol. Well, I gained about 2 1/2 pounds, Bu-u-ut, it was back off by Sunday!!!! I went right back to my workouts and eating right on Saturday and it just came right off. I was so surprised and it made me feel so good that my metabolism was up. I did this for Christmas, too. I gave my self 4 days though because there's always so-o-o much candy & leftovers. I gained about 4 pounds and it came back off in about 2 or 3 days. It also gave me confidence in those cheat days, that I wouldn't give up just because I give into my weaknesses for one day.

I try to let myself have what I want for those special occasions (holidays, family birthdays) so I don't feel deprived. Otherwise, I know I would go crazy!!!

So I say EAT TURKEY!!!!................................and LOTS OF PIE!!!!! I can't wait to try that white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake!!!